Multisize/grading patterns

When it comes to using the multisize function, I am completely lost.

I have filled in all the measurements that I have and increments that correspond in SeamlyME. I have a paper draft of the pattern that I want to put into digital format. I’ve now got my head around a fair number of the functions that allow me to just draw a pattern in Seamly2D, but once I’ve drawn it, how do I grade it/use the multisize function?

Most of the other posts on here are either a few years old or relate to Valentina and I’m just not sure where I should look for the info on how to do this?

1 Like

Ok, firstly, Seamly2D doesn’t “grade” the pattern. It only “resizes” the pattern. If you want multiple sizes on one pattern, like with commercial patterns, you will have to make patterns in the different sizes, save them as .svg and use some graphics program, like Inkscape or Illustrator to lay them on top of each other and change the line colours & styles to suite you.

So now, how to use the multisize…

If you have the .vst file (multisize measurements file) attached to your pattern, you will have a Height and Size selection box at the bottom left of your screen:

By adjusting these 2, you will be able to adjust the size of your pattern. Here is a picture of my pattern at the above settings:

And here, I have changed the settings:

When you change these settings, it will also change the Details of your pattern so that you can just create another pattern at the size you require, you don’t need to redraw the whole pattern.

Care must be taken to draw curves so that they remain nice & smooth while resizing, so for this reason, I like to draft my patterns using a multisize measurements file and I change the settings just to see how these will behave. Once I have my pattern created, I can load someone’s personal measurements file to the pattern before printing it.

If you are going to export the pattern to .svg or some other graphics or cutter format, it may be wise to place a 2cm x 2cm block onto the pattern part as an internal path so that you can check the size of that block in the other program.

I hope this helps you to get started on Multisizing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Olá Graça, tudo bem ? Vi uma explicação sua antiga no forum sobre gradação ( multsize). Tenho muita dificuldade nesta parte também . COMO ACRECENTAR MEDIDAS PARA QUE OS TAMANHOS FIQUEM DIFERENTES ?

1 Like

Olá @Sil e bem-vindo ao Fórum Seamly.

Fiz uma explicação em meu blog que explica como uso o SeamlyMe, incluindo como uso os tamanhos múltiplos: https://graces.co.za/graces-blog/how-i-use-seamlyme

Se você usa o Google Chrome, pode clicar com o botão direito do mouse na página e traduzi-la para o português. (Não sei se isso também funciona em outros navegadores.)

Hello @Sil and welcome to the Seamly Forum.

I have done an explanation on my blog that explains how I use SeamlyMe which includes how I use the multisizes: https://graces.co.za/graces-blog/how-i-use-seamlyme

If you use Google Chrome, you may right-click on the page and translate it to Portuguese. (I don’t know if this also works in other browsers.)

Muito obrigada Grace ,uso Google crome . Usado o Google tradutor para traduzir as páginas da internet para português.

1 Like

Olá Grace , Entendi perfeitamente . Só gostaria de saber por exemplo,na gradação da minha apostila as medidas de ombro e cavas se modificam também , como por exemplo : 0,5 de largura e 0,5 de altura . O decote também se movimenta ele sobe na altura centro frente , 0,4 na largura em direção ao ombro 0,2 e na altura decote ombro 0,6 . Com isso a gradação é feita de uma maneira em que a grade cresça sem deformação . Dito tudo isso preciso entender de uma maneira detalhada para que eu consiga adicionar no multsize .

1 Like

GOSTARIA de te enviar algumas das páginas da minha apostila para que vc possa ver como faço a gradação no papel .E talvez você possa me ajudar a fazer no Valentina .

1 Like

That will be great, @Sil, you can send them to me in private, if you wish :blush:

1 Like

Olá Grace como posso te enviar ?

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering why I’m not receiving the images, so this morning, I looked in the spam folder and found them. I’m so sorry that I didn’t look there before.

I’m busy downloading them. I will have a look during the day :slight_smile: