Link to Valentina

Considering that all the screenshots I am coming across are Valentina, is there any chance we could get a link to Valentina’s site on this page?

FWIW, I have been contributing some changes to Valentina since the github repo linked from here appears to be much less active than the valentina bitbucket repo. Seems like a link would help folks find a more actively developed software, which seems like it’d be better for users.

Ideas?

1 Like

The screenshots come from 2017 and before when the program was called Valentina. In November 2017, the program was forked into 2 programs, Seamly2D and Valentina. There was quite a bit of bridge burning, so I don’t think this is an option. It has taken this long to split the repo’s and to set up the development side of Seamly2d hence the activity being less and mainly concerned with trouble shooting, however, this is about to change and it would be wonderful if you joined us :slight_smile:

FYI, Valentina have their own forum.

That’s truly unfortunate since it seems that valentina is improving faster.

1 Like

Yes, it was a sad day for all of us

Well, I do like this forum better, so I’ll stick around. However, I plan on continuing to contribute code to Valentina since that’s where the improvement appears to be happening. Hopefully, one day we can find some way to merge the efforts back together.

3 Likes

you are welcome to contribute improvements to either or both. That is what open source is, a place where contributions are welcome. Those of us who remain active in this forum welcome constructive comments and also would be willing to assist if you need help finding where to make a code contribution

1 Like