Label options

Is there a reason we only have one ‘piece label’ available? It would be helpful to be able to use additional labels to name cues or, for example, the center back.

2 Likes

Hello, Dina.

Yes, currently, we only have one ‘Piece Label’ to work with, however… @Douglas is working his way through a whole lot of improvements to the program which include additional labels and other pattern markings.

2 Likes

As I understand it, the label improvements will more-or-less add ‘feature labels’ leaving the actual “Piece Label” for data relating to the entire piece. But as Grace said, the improvements have been discussed & we understand that they are somewhere in the pipeline.

:unicorn:

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t see any reason at this time to do away with the 2 existing labels. What I plan on doing is adding a “Text” tool… which may or may not build on the existing template usage. The tool would allow a user to add miscellaneous text to a pattern piece… things like “shorten here” or “gather here”.

It’s worth mentioning that “On Fold” will most likely be implemented as a symbol rather than text - as it will incorporate the neccessary arrows.

4 Likes