Problem with Label field extentions with .dxf export

dear community

when exporting a file in any version of dxf, all pattern pieces but one come up with extentions to the description fields. i.e.

Kimono Blouse %&??% Sleeve%&??% 2xOS%&?_?% and so on…

i have used the same label template each time and couldn´t say why in one pattern piece it appears correctly while in the rest it doesn´t…

any ideas? best jan

1 Like

I don’t, but here is the error I got when experimenting with it. The more times I export to dxf, the longer the trash strings get. When I finish clicking through the error message, my “Back” piece goes back to normal, but “Front” remains staticy. I was using “AutoCAD DXF R10 (flat) files (*.dxf)”. I’m using Seamly2D 0.6.0.1 “Built on Sat Jan 12 2018 at 13:09:29” on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

I don’t get the error message on my Chromebook install. (But I still get the static.)

dxferror

1 Like

What happens when you use other DXF formats?

2 Likes

Still no idea yet why everything but the one has that static, but a bit more experimentation has indicated that when making the Layout if you select “Export text as paths,” (lower left of “Create a layout” dialog, see pic below,) it shouldn’t have that problem. textpath

2 Likes

It’s only the “(flat)” DXF options that give me that error, the AAMA ones don’t give that error. The AAMA ones also don’t seem to be giving me the static, even without setting text to paths. The “(flat)” ones also give an error when trying to open them in Inkscape, but LibreCAD does open them.

:unicorn:

2 Likes

So basically our export of DXF R10 has serious problems… Import & export issues with DXF are not infrequent. DXF is fairly complicated and there are a plethora of versions. Some import/export libraries have better support for more recent or more popular versions of the file format. @Pneumarian If you would be so kind, please add this issue about DXF R10 to our Github issues list. And please include your screenshots, they’re very helpful:

Issues · FashionFreedom/Seamly2D · GitHub

2 Likes

sigh I guess I’ll have to signup for a GitHub account after all LOL

It’s done now. I hope I did it right. :crazy_face: :unicorn:

2 Likes

It’s perfect, thank you! :pray:

2 Likes