Kristina Shin Basic underwire bra tutorial

bra

The reference that @slspencer made in the previous message to the tutorial IS a link. You should be able to click on it and it will take you to where you can play the video. I am going to repeat it in this reply so that you see what I mean. (I understand it can take a bit of time to get familiar with the details of how this forum software works as well as the Seamly2d tool. Don’t worry about it, you will get there)

@AmandaClarice, If you click on the words “How to Rotate a Dart, video” a new browser tab should open. In that tab, you will see what may look like a screenshot. Note that there is a > symbol in the middle of the picture. If you click on it, you will see a screen video that shows the actions used in the rotate dart tool. It does not have audio content.

Here’s a video which explains how to do this using the image ‘Point from intersection of arc and line’ tool in the Point group. Note: I’m using inches in my pattern, so I’m dividing the mm and cm’s by 2.54.

HI @AmandaClarice, did this video help? It’s easier to see in full screen mode. I tried to use your bra making method’s instructions to extend the bra line from the adjusted side seam point (A27) down to the bottom line by a specific length. This translates geometrically as intersecting an arc (radius) from A27 with Line_A24_A1. Hopefully this is what you needed. If not, please let us know.