Issue: Point at Distance and Angle dialog causes crash on MacOS

Reproduction steps:

1. Open Seamly2D v0.6.0.1 (Build 9af57415ffc9)
  2. Open a file with points.
  3. Right-click on point and select Options.
  4. Click red X button in window bar.
  5. Seamly crashes.

Workaround:

If I hit cancel, there’s no crash.

Crash Report:

Also includes system details. This is on Mac OS X 10.14.6. pointatdistanceandangle_close_crash_macosmojave.txt (59.5 KB)

And I just realized I was on the December 21 build, so I download the January 4th build and it’s still crashing.

2 Likes

I also observed that the issue didn’t occur a few times in a row after freshly starting Seamly2D today, but then it started after maybe 3-5 times of good exits (step #3 above). After the crash occurs and I start Seamly2D again, the error occurs consistently.

Here’s the file I am using in my reproduction steps. basicpantssloper.val (5.0 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @Adyst

We will need your measurements file as well, to test your pattern.

1 Like

Is it with just the Point at Distance and Angle dialog or any tool dialog?

2 Likes

Any of the tools use the same dialog method. There were issue with the Variables and History dialogs that use a different method, that I hopefully addressed with the Mac ver. Thing is I don’t have access to a Mac so I’m in the dark when it comes to testing.

2 Likes

I just noticed that the Variables dialog also causes a crash when I click the red “x”. Attached is the crash report.

variables_close_crash_macosmojave.txt (59.7 KB)

Unfortunately, my Mac is too old and feeble to handle the dev environment for Seamly2D, but hopefully I will be getting a new one soon.

2 Likes