Is my pattern cloud having an issue?

The day I created my account on my-pattern.cloud I was able to view the 17 patterns it says are shared with me, pin one of the patterns and download it and the measurements for it.

Now when I go back and try to view the 17 patterns or the pinned pattern it gives me an error about not having enough permissions. When I go to the tab for uploading patterns or measurements, trying to do those things also gives me an error about not having enough permissions.

So my question is… Is this a general issue with the site that I should just wait and try again later, or is this something specific to my account that I should email the site admin about?

Tried with Edge and Firefox. Did not try it with Chrome.

1 Like

pattern cloud IS having an issue. I hope to have that issue resolved soon. the issue is independent of which browser you use. I believe it is a matter of paying a fee to renew a security certificate.

1 Like

I have asked @slspencer to take a look at this and if that is the only issue, I hope she will create a method to donate. I intend to donate to this expense and I hope others will too. It is not a large expense, but one of the things about using “free, open source, community software” is that if the community does not support it, it will fade away.

1 Like

@kmf Thanks.

Money is pretty tight for me, but if there is something set up where I can use PayPal to donate, I could do a small donation and hope that others will too.

1 Like

I have asked @slspencer if she can verify that the cost of the certificate is the only hurdle. If that is the case, I hope she can create the funding method because I am fairly sure that enough people are interested that even $5 or $10 from each would help us get seamly.cloud back on line

3 Likes

ich wäre auch dabei.

1 Like

These are, I think, two separate issues.

1. The certificate for seamly.cloud expired. @slspencer controls the domain. I didn’t give her much notice of the pending expiry, and I cannot renew this certificate myself.
    Therefore I have setup the URL https://my-pattern.cloud/ instead. This is the same server as seamly.cloud so all logins and settings remain unchanged.

2. The issue that @Seeker5528 cited is probably a bug. For some reason their privileges arn’t being loaded on login. I’ll look into this.

2 Likes

@MrDoo,

Thank you! When I looked into this before (right after the certificate expired) I was concerned that the my-pattern.cloud might not contain your most up to date software and I was sure that I was unable to access designs that I had uploaded to the seamly.cloud Now, it appears that you have fixed both of these concerns, so thank you.

I will do what I can to fix pointers in the documentation to minimize confusion.

Kim

1 Like

@MrDoo are you able to verify that anyone who previously registered on seamly.cloud should be now able to log in to my-pattern.cloud?

1 Like

Yes, using the url https://my-pattern.cloud/ Let me know if you have difficulties

1 Like

Hey sorry this got past me too. @MrDoo - I’ll get a new certificate to you ASAP

1 Like

The Donate button at Seamly.net goes to Paypal for Fabricatorz ( a 501c3) so that I no longer have to worry about paying personal income tax on the “donations”. I personally pay the yearly costs for our domain names, code certificates, security certificates and build tools, plus the monthly cost for our forum and website. Everything except the security certificates are set for auto-renew. So the security certificate renewal surprises me each year. I don’t know how much we’ve received in donations since we hooked up with Fabricatorz (https://Fabricatorz.org) But I’ll pay the certificate and see if I can get reimbursed. And try to see if there’s enough money each month to be reimbursed for the remaining expenses as they occur.

2 Likes

I have donated using the donate button which I was able to access from the Seamly.net site. I hope others will do the same

1 Like

Bonjour, J’ai tenté de faire un don via carte bleue, mais je n’ai pas pu. Il fallait impérativement ouvrir un compte Paypal, ce que je refuse après une mauvaise expérience. Peut-on faire autrement que par Paypal ?

Claudine

1 Like

@Clauettedu02, you should be able to use a credit or debit card if you wish.

ouvoir utiliser une carte de crédit ou de débit si vous le souhaitez.

screenshot

1 Like

Hello KIM

C’est ce que j’ai fait mais même en ayant saisi mon numéro de carte il m’impose d’ouvrir un compte paypal et ça je ne veux pas.

Claudine

1 Like

@slspencer is it possible to update the donate page to allow donations that do NOT require paypal

@slspencer est-il possible de mettre à jour la page des dons pour autoriser les dons qui ne nécessitent PAS paypal

1 Like

Bonjour et Merci Kim J’attends donc

Claudine

2 Likes