Interesting Seam allowance

Interesting seam allowance. I was trying to put C3 to C56 on fold and tried several ways. I just couldn’t get it to work. My path started at C56 going clockwise and these images are what I got. Started my path at C3 and it worked perfect. If you don’t succeed try try again.

2 Likes

LOL, yes :slight_smile:

Just remember that when you select a curve and then a node on a curve, you must select the curve again if you want your curve to continue. However, I see that you seem to have a “cut on fold” or something between C57 and C3, so this is best left straight.

Also, when your pattern gets covered by the seam allowance, it’s often a curve that is selected that is going anti-clockwise. This can easily be corrected in the Options by reversing the direction of the curve. If a node has been skipped, then it can be added later and dragged to the correct position in the Options.

Very well done :slight_smile:

I like the way you have tested the edge of the seam allowance. I’ll have to borrow that from you and test them for myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you referring to “holding the shift key” while tracing the details? or is there some other method that I am not aware of?

2 Likes

Yes, in addition to holding Shift it’s also possible to add in the effect in the detail options dialog. Where you can mark points/nodes as a “passmark,” curves have the option to reverse them instead. :unicorn:

1 Like

@Pneumarian I see where that can be done now. Although still unclear on what the benefit would be in details mode.

1 Like

It’s useful for fixing mistakes/added nodes without completely re-tracing the piece. Perhaps mostly when inexperienced enough not to realize that holding Shift is needed for backwards curves, or when experienced enough to be adding curves into finished pattern pieces. :unicorn:

2 Likes

@Pneumarian got it! thanks for that clarification

2 Likes