Install Seamly2D on arm Chromebook

Dear friends,

could someone tell me if I can install seamly on an arm chromebook ? And if yes how please :slight_smile: I tried the appimage but i figured it out that it is not compatible with arm laptop.

Adrien

2 Likes

Hello & welcome! I hope we can help you.

I don’t have an arm Chromebook, but I did once or twice build Seamly from source on my Intel Chromebook. As far as I’m aware I’m the only one who has installed Seamly on a Chromebook. Chromebooks are officially not supported at this time; it would be awesome if you’d like to provide that support once you figure out how to successfully build Seamly on your Chromebook. :smiley:

I think that this webpage looks like a promising place to start figuring out how to make Seamly’s source build for your ARM Chromebook: Compiling for ARM from x86-64 - DEV Community 👩‍💻👨‍💻

I hope I managed to be of some help,

:unicorn:

2 Likes

Thank you Pneumarian,

I tried many thing to install Seamly on the linux distribution of my chromebook but I ran out of idea ahah. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have the skills to make a linux build for arm by myself.

I think I will wait for Seamly to release one day an arm linux version. Valentina has an arm linux version so I guess that it is also possible to do it for Seamly.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Adrien

1 Like

Yes, it is certainly possible. It’s just a matter of creating a Github workflow to create a distro for Arm. I’d give it a shot on my fork, but without an Arm Chromebook it could be rather tedious as I have no way to test a build.

1 Like