When i say a maintainer i mean someone who also will be in change hitting button Merge. In theory good healthy community has several maintainers with right to push code to a main repository. Right now technically access only in my hands. This is not good, i think.
Right now we get only few pull requests so no much work to do. But in future, i hope, it will change.
A maintainer task is to make pull request review and check:
- Name of an author. Better to provide real name instead of nick name.
- Check if merging in correct branch.
- Find out what purpose of this PR. What problem does it solve.
- Merge PR if it matches previous criterias.
I did not said anything about perfectly correct PR. Because it is not important. From now one i’d rather spend 15 minutes fixing minor issues i see than 5 hours explaining what is wrong with the code. We will merge and go further.
A candidate in maintainer should:
- Want to be a maintainer.
- At least made several PR.
- Active in project.
- Have free time reviewing PRs.
- Knows rules of good PR.