I am leaving the project

Hi everyone,

This is important announce. I am leaving my maintainer position because of personal reasons. If you wish to be a maintainer instead of me please contact @slspencer.

I’m really sorry. Will you still be around on the forum? I’ll miss you :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t think so.

Здравствуйте, Роман. Поясните, пожалуйста, Вы уходите только с этого форума или вообще оставляете программу “Валентина”? Будет ли программа развиваться дальше? Что теперь делать нам, русскоговорящим в случае каких-то вопросов и проблем с программой? Действительно, очень жаль с Вами расставаться. :sleepy:

2 Likes

This is a sad news! Thank you so much for all you have done for the project and for us, the individuals. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to see you go. I pray for you the best in your future. Please be safe and I hope that you will be happy

1 Like

Hi Roman,

This is indeed very sad, but I know you need to support yourself with your family’s patternmaking business. Plus as you’ve said many times before, you need to get on with your life.

Valentina, as an open source project, has taken on a life of its own. There are issues and discussions covering areas which hold no value for you, such as 3D features.

Valentina is important to you and will probably always be important to you, or you would not have reached out to me to drop my project and join you to make Valentina a globally important open source project. I’ve enjoyed creating user communities all over the world, and generating industry attention and recognition (this has only just begun!). and I’ve enjoyed working with you. Granted, C++ is not my language, so I opted to do the business-y and project management activities. But it seems I will finally need to convert my Python & scripting skills into C++ and Qt since you are leaving.

I hope you feel confident with this community and will contribute to forums, etc. when you need to discuss anything. or need beta testers. We’re here for you while you develop your personal patternmaking business.

I’ll post the items that need to be transferred on the forum, so that anyone who wants take on or learn more about responsibilites can join the discussion.

2 Likes

Sorry you are leaving. Thanks for making Valentina so brilliant. Good luck with everything else.

2 Likes

It’s quite sad to hear that a key developer of Valentina won’t be around anymore. Wish all the best to you.

2 Likes

I have been slowly immersing myself in Valentina - code and all over the past 3-4 weeks, and I’m sorry to hear Roman is leaving. I just wish to thank Roman for his efforts with Valentina, I know from experience an effort like this can sometimes be an overwhelming and thankless job. Sometimes one just needs to take a step back.

Thanks & good luck Roman.

2 Likes

This is sad news. You were very important for Valentina and I would like to thank you for all the hard work you put in to it. I wish you the best for your future life.

1 Like

Oh! This is very sad news…

Roman, I wish you all the best for you and you’re family. It was very nice to have met you, at least virtually :wink: ! You did a very great job with Valentina up to now and I hope there is a talented developer out there who is able to step into your footsteps…

1 Like

I hope the reason why you decided to resign from the project are not bad news in your personal life, and that it is just a new start for you. Eventhough this decision is for sure bad news for the Valentina project, in a context where apparently no one is skilled enough to take over your role, you already gave a lot of time and energy for bringing Valentina where it is, and your decision has probably be difficult to take. Bye, I hope you will find time to play “Master Po” and help forthcoming “Grasshoper” developers to develop their karma and take over maintenance… ( Kung Fu (1972 TV series) - Wikipedia ) Bye and thanks, Yann

2 Likes

@d-old thank-you for investing so much of your life into this build. The platform is amazing. All the best with your future endeavours. And truly hope Valentina can continue to thrive.

1 Like

@d-old thanks for your contribution and hard work for the Valentina. I crew with the Valentina and it gave me the needed tool to complete my Tailor exam and get certified. It is a pity that you leave, but you have created Valentina to the usable level. It is a tool to use in pattern making. Have luck in your future life :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your hard work. I greatly appreciate Valentina, the community and especially the developers that have made it possible. This software is now an integral part of my company because of the time that you put into it.

1 Like

Hi @d-old , I was a bit sad to hear you are leaving the project. Thank you for the help & code reviews. You’ve done such good work on this project, thank you so much! I whish you luck & happiness in your future!

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: Роман, очень жаль, что вы покидаете проект! С вами было очень приятно общаться!

Roman, i wish you all the best in your future busyness and life - I am sure that the talented person like you will be successful! You have started a great project to be proud of!

1 Like

думаю все будет хорошо, здесь достаточно русско-говорящих да и с переводом проблем не будет

1 Like