How to put passmark onto a curve for a sleeve

Hi

I’m really struggling to to include a point along a curve as a passmark in the details. I’ve tried to include it when I create the pattern piece and also to add as an internal path but the location of it in the pathway means its either both of after the curve.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks Donna

2 Likes

could you upload some pics?

2 Likes

I’d like to have a passmark on each or the arm hole curves.

I can add the point by segmenting the curve as below but I can’t add the points to the detail without it looking strange.

Thanks

2 Likes

Curve, passmark, curve; you have to select the curve, select the mark, & select the curve again. I think that will fix the strange looks it’s giving you. If not, we might need more pictures, such as of the Workpiece Tool step. :grin:

Of course, to mark A46 as a passmark you would, in the Detail options dialog, right-click, (ctrl-click?) A46 & select Passmark. :unicorn:

4 Likes

Perfect…It worked. Thanks so much. I would have gone round in circles for hours.

D

2 Likes

a further question. Can you successfully add a passmark on the curve after the detail piece has been created? I cannot seem to do so. go back and add a point on a curve in draw mode, create a node in add details. Adding it to the main path as a passmark results in a distorted curve, either before or after the passmark depending on where the node is placed on the main path list.

Is the solution to delete the piece and then recreate it including the newly placed point on the curve?

For future reference, is it ok to add on to a question that is a bit older such as this? or start a new topic?

2 Likes

answering my own question! After a bit more digging in the topics, I found that I needed the spline then the node and the spline again in the main path. Using the draw mode, I went to the add details section and selected “insert node”, and selected the spline. This added the spline for a second time to the main path details area, where I was able to drag it where it needed to go. Within the main path it now reads spline, point, spline and the armhole shape is now correct and I have a passmark on the armhole.

I though the insert node was only for adding a single point, but it added the whole spline. :grinning:

3 Likes

Well done! @Ttailor

Half of the fun in Seamly2D is finding out how to do new things with it. It’s probably what has kept me so interested in it for the past 4 years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well… I’ve been at it for a little over 3 years unraveling the source code. To me programming is like solving puzzles. In this case it’s like trying to solve a spaghetti covered 10,000 x 10,000 square crossword puzzle written in a weird Russian style English. :wink:

4 Likes

To this day I have no clue where the translation of “notch” → “passmark” came from. Even Google is baffled by passmark. LOL

2 Likes

Yeah, its not the word I would use either. The only thing I can relate it to is the phrase passing the fronts or backs up or down to correct the vertical balance in a garment.

:woman_shrugging:Edited to add: for those who may not have run into this phrase, The process of passing the backs up or down in a fitting involves chalking a line across the seam, then opening the seam and then realigning the seam so the garment hangs properly. The chalk lines now don’t match, and indicate how much correction is required.
Or done vice versa, shift the seam, chalk across after pinning which makes new matching points.

I think one might refer to them as passmarks.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I also have absolutely no idea. The only pass mark that I know of is in school where you need a certain % to move on to the next grade.

2 Likes

Well, seems to me @Ttailor graduated with a high percentage… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My daughter tells people I know a lot of random stuff. :laughing:

3 Likes