How to mark dart points (and pleats, foldlines etc) on pattern

Hi,

I’ve just started using Valentina so I apologise if this is a daft question - I’ve tried looking for answers, but I’m new to forums in general.

I seem to be getting the hang of it pretty quickly (although I haven’t tackled layouts and printing yet), but I want to know if there is a way to mark things onto your final printed pattern - specifically dart points, but also pleats, foldlines etc.

Most of the tutorials I’ve watched show patterns with gaping holes where the darts should be, but I would prefer my patterns with the “dart allowance” included (sorry, I’m also a self-taught patternmaker so I don’t know the proper terminology. I mean the fabric inside of the dart that gets folded into the seam once it’s sewn). I’ve managed to draw this, but when working on the detail and seam allowance, the dart point (where the dart legs meet) is lost.

I’ve tried a workaround where I treated the dart piece and main pattern piece as separate pieces and tried to use the union tool (don’t laugh), but it was unsuccessful(!)

I’ve included some screenshots to help explain what I’m after. I don’t want the first or second options, I want the third - but with seam allowance. Is this possible?

Again I’m sorry if I’m being stupid, and I’m sorry if I’ve posted this to the wrong place :sweat_smile:

Hi,

What you a looking is partly developed in future version 0.5.0. You can try a last available test build we publish almost each Monday. This version includes support fold lines and internal paths. But there is still no way to add passmark. Which we hope to add very soon.

Thanks for the response! I’ll probably leave the test build for those that know what they’re doing, but it’s nice to know I’m not (completely) crazy, and that it’s something in the pipeline. I’m liking what I see so far, and I’ll look forward to the new version :smile:

You probably know what is best for you. :slight_smile:

Developing new version with cool features require some time. Keep in mind.