How to make good use of "Pattern properties"?

Hello everybody! I was wondering what are the possibilities of using Pattern properties (in the File menu). I think it’s great to have a file to place a detailed pattern description and technical notes but is it a way to print them out or to save them? Or to attach them to the pattern layout? There is also a place for the image there, I was wondering if I could anyhow add an image there (for example of a flat sketch or a ready product).

Best regards,

Kasia

1 Like

Oh, wow! :blush: I’ve seen that spot for the image forever and never tried to use it :relaxed::relaxed: I have no idea how one uploads an image. Perhaps @slspencer or @kmf can help us with this. I’m sure that, once we know how, a sketch of photo of the article can be uploaded here because that’s what it’s for.

These details are for you to add some notes to remind you later on about the pattern. On the other tab, you can add details about who you made the pattern for that can be added to the label and printed on the pattern: image

2 Likes

This is an area where we would like to expand.

I’ve talked with Techpacker.com about a collaboration, and interestingly enough we’ve exchanged email this past week.

So look for improvements in this area in future.

3 Likes

Oh, wow! Thank you :smile: I think it would be nice for professional people to be able to add their sketches of photos.

2 Likes

Hello I saw this post and wanted to ask an additional question, please. I’m hoping you can see my image. When using the pattern properties labels, it replicates it on both pieces.

Ex. I want to label the skirt front the following: Basic Skirt Block Cut 1 Main Cut 1 Lining etc.

It takes the same label and applies it to the back; however the back pattern should say something like Cut 2 Main, Cut 2 Interface, Cut 2 Lining

1 Like

You’re wanting the Piece Label.

The Pattern Label belongs to every piece of the pattern. So if the skirt in the example is part of the “Cowgirl’s Promenade” pattern which also includes a vest & bonnet, you’d use the Pattern Label to label all the pieces as part of the “Cowgirl’s Promenade” pattern, so that people are less likely to accidentally try mixing it with pieces from the “Victorian Gardener” pattern, which are cut a bit differently.

4 Likes

Im Stücketikett stehen bei mir alle individuellen Informationen, die sich auf dieses Schnittteil beziehen.2020-05-29 2020-05-29-1

1 Like

Ich mache mit Snipping Tool einen Ausschnitt der Schnittmustereigenschaften, speicher ihn ab, beschrifte ihn und lege ihn bei meinem Schitt ab. Das funktioniert auch gut. Toll wäre es, wenn man in den Schnittmustereigenschaften noch ein Bild hinterlegen kann.Paula-2020-001-003-normaler

1 Like

@Scholli Ja, wir brauchen eine Möglichkeit, die technischen Notizen zu exportieren.Diese Feature-Anforderung wurde vor kurzem zu den Problemen in unserem Github-Repository hinzugefügt.Für Ihr Beispiel benötigen wir einige benutzerdefinierte Felder, um Daten zu den Beschriftungen hinzuzufügen.Kopieren/Einfügen nimmt etwas Zeit in Anspruch. Würden Sie diese Feature-Anforderungen unserem Github-Repository als neues Problem hinzufügen?

@Scholli Yes we need a way to export the Technical notes. This feature request has recently been added to the issues on our Github repo.

For your example, we need some custom fields to add data into the labels. Copy/paste takes a bit of time. Would you add this feature request to our Github repo as a new issue?

1 Like

@wandawoman007 Did you get what you needed? The Pattern Properties are under the File menu. Create your pattern label there. Then in Draw mode under your workpiece’s Options/Labels Tab, check the box to show the Pattern label.
image image

1 Like

Das mache ich auch so. Ich kann aber nicht alle Informationen so einfügen. Das wäre zuviel Text. Deswegen work ich zusätlich mit den Schnitmustereigenschaften und notiere da alles wichtige.

1 Like

@Scholli Did you add this to the Github Issues list?

Wie mache ich das? Dafür bräuchte ich Hilfe