How to install Seamly from DMG file?

Hi all,

I wanted to update my Seamly 2d Vesion (Seamly 2d 0.6.0.1 from 21st May this year), but I am running into problem finding the actual installation. I downloaded the latest Seamly2D.zip from here and was able to extract the dmg file it via 7zip. So I have two simple folders now for Seamly2D and SeamlyME, but within I can’t locate the actual installation file. Where do I go from here?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Regards Éva

1 Like

Are you trying to install the Mac or Windows ver?

The DMG’s are for the Mac ver. To be honest I’m not a Mac user, so I’m not exactly sure how the iOS installs them. Currently there is no new Windows ver as we’re working on updating the signing certificate so as not to get the “unkown publisher” warning.

1 Like

Aaaaahhhh, I see, thank you. I am using Windows, so that explains why I couldnt get it to work :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… if it were up to me the various installs would be named more appropriately… like

seamly_macos.zip
seamly_linux.appimage
seamly_windows32.exe 
seamly_windows64.exe

To be honest though… there has been no new Windows ver since May. It has to do with the publisher “signing certificate” expiring. Hopefully the build workflow will get fixed to add a signed certificate so the windows versions will build.

2 Likes