How to fix Parser error?

L17 arm_neck_side_to_wrist (shoulder_length + arm_shoulder_tip_to_wrist) L18 arm_neck_side_to_finger_tip (shoulder_length + arm_shoulder_tip_to_wrist + hand_length)

Both have the same error. Error (cm). Parser error Unexepected token ”shoulder_ lenght” found position 1.

Version SeamlyME 0.6.0.1

installation Seamly2d.AppImage or Ubuntu flatpak

1 Like

Did you cut and paste this? There’s a typo with “shoulder_lenght”

If the pattern file does indeed contain the typo - the pattern files are just xml text files. Make a copy, and just edit it in a text editor, and if that was the issue it should open and parse ok.

Or, if you’re really stuck, you could always post your pattern & any measurement file here, and one of us could probably fix it… or at least most of it.

1 Like

My mistake was to write “shoulder_lenght”. But by correcting the measurements file, so that calculations L17 and L18 are removed. Let’s enter the correct value manually. I hope you understood. Don’t others have a similar problem?

1 Like

This is a formula which is made up of 2 other measurements, namely the Shoulder Length and the Arm Shoulder Tip to Wrist measurements, which you need to add before adding this code, otherwise the result will give an error.

If you don’t want to use the formula, then you can delete the formula text and enter your own value.

@Nitro

Which means those measurements have to added to a SeamlyMe measurement file - presumably with some value - to be used in the pattern formulas.

@Grace… maybe I should look at fixing some of the error messages to return a more descriptive reason for an error if possible.

2 Likes

I don’t think this instance would warrant a more descriptive message. I think it’s something that one comes across, and once you understand the reason, you won’t forget. It’s something that should be mentioned in the new manuals… Once I get around to writing them - I’m just waiting for all the new changes to be completed.

Well, after I fix the seam allowance bug, it will probably a week or 2 to finish updating the dialogs with the addition of a Current Pen… and maybe some updates to the Groups - at least to be able to edit them. After that I’m going to figure out the Built In Seam Allowance. But of course there will always be additions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The calculated values must be in the previous rows. Otherwise this error will occur. You have to delete the rows and put them on earlier rows than the row to be calculated. As far as I understand, the so-called index search.

1 Like

You are quite correct. The measurements in the formula must be listed before the formula, but it’s not necessary to delete any rows, you can use the arrows to move the rows up & down:

1 Like

Not sure I i understand… you select a measurement and enter a value and/ or formula. The calculated column is there to show what a formula result is. For ex: You could create a custom measurement named #chest_scale and it’s formaula as bust_circ / 2. If the value of bust_circ = 36, then the calculated value of #bust_scale = 18.

There’s no need to delete rows.

The search bar is there to search for a measurement when there’s a long list of measurements where you don’t need to scroll to find it.

2 Likes

SeamlyME works in the same way as Seamly2D works. Everything is stored in the order that it appears in the list. So if you wish to use a formula of a measurement, then that measurement must be in the list before current measurement to make it usable.

In the case of the pre-made formulas, you must 1st add the codes used in the formula before adding them, otherwise they produce an error. In which case, you can just click on the line above to add the codes above that one or add the codes and use the arrows to move them above.

1 Like

[

I know that… I didn’t understand Nitro and the delete rows thing.

1 Like

I meant the measurement vit file, but the same problem is in the formula editor. Not all measurement values are accepted as a formula error. Why aren’t the values in the right database, even if coded EN 13402, for which you have to pay. Like the whole of the EU. Now you know it’s a spreadsheet. You hardly understood?

1 Like

What does EN 13402 have to do with it or for that matter a parser error? I think maybe your’re missing the point of Seamly - A vit measurement file is meant to be a custom “Made to Order” set of measurements, based on a given person’s measurements, and what ever pattern making system you are drafting with. Has nothing to do with Standards or off the rack sizes. The database of measurements is a compilation of all the required measurements used in some 90 different pattern systems. And I’ll guarantee that some systems use measurements that are not part of EN 13402, but are in the SeamlyMe database of measurements.

That’s the WHOLE point of Seamly… automatically resizing a draft to custom sizes.

If you feel the need to enter all of EN 13402 - go for it.

2 Likes

Sorry, Semaly2d for the review. For some reason, some measurement values are not accepted. Seamly says: " Formula: Error (cm) In Finnish "Formula: Virhe (cm)

1 Like

Hello @Nitro, I replied to you here

Can you attach a copy of the measurement (and pattern file), so we can see what you’re trying to do?

3 Likes

The reason was found: C language variable translation errors in the names. For example, leg_calf_circ in Finnish:pohkeen ympärysmitta and in C++ pohkeen_ympärysmitta Due to the translation, the binding underscore of the word has been omitted. I got all the variable names fixed and Seamly works fine.

4 Likes

Hi @Nitro can you post your translation updates, the translation file?

2 Likes

Hei slspencer, Do you mean the QT Linguist phrasebook or the measurements_p_fi.qm file? I’m not sure if the translations are correct because they are mostly machine translated. As I said, I can’t speak English.

1 Like