How to create Pleat markings

I’ve been through the forum already and seen a few threads from a couple of years ago, and I’m wondering if there’s been any updates on how to mark pleat placements on a pattern piece?

Specifically, I want to mark pleat placement on a concave curve. Nothing in the manual or in the forums that I have found thus far shows me anything useful, so I turn to you lovely folks for help!

1 Like

Hi & welcome, @Ylva

Can you show me a picture or diagram of what you want to do? I’m thinking that the best way would be with internal paths. If I have a diagram, I can test if it works and give you a better reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure thing! I have already drafted the base pattern I want on paper, and I’m trying to put it into a digital format. (I also need help with the grading/multisize stuff, because everything I’ve read so far has me hopelessly lost!)

1 Like

Ok, I’ll get back to you in a few minutes :slight_smile:

This is what I’ve quickly created for you using internal paths. You can change the line styles to make them more clear, if you wish. You won’t be able to add labels to each fold line because the program only allows for 2 labels:

Here is the file so that you can see what I’ve done: PLEATED CIRCLE.val (11.1 KB)

If you’re not too sure about anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.

With regard to the grading/multisize, please start another thread with whatever is unclear to you there so that I can reply to you and others can easily find the topic when they do a search on it.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!

1 Like