How to create a Bodice block pattern?

Pls ,I am so confused. Is there any link that illustrate how to pattern a bodice block? Thank you

1 Like

This probably isn’t the answer you’re looking for, but searching YouTube for Seamly2D bodice block turns up a few results including this one:

4 Likes

Hi Malcom, do you have a patternmaking book? Order one from Amazon.com, bookfinder4u.com, or Abebooks.com Then you can enter the pattern drafting formulas to make the patterns from the books. If you have any questions we’re here to help.

2 Likes

Yes,I do have pattern books. Thank you.

1 Like

Super! Which bodice block do you prefer? Tell us and we will show you how to enter that bodice block into Seamly2D. This will be the easiest, fastest way.

2 Likes

Currently, I’m using the Windfred Aldrich book to build my skirt blocks. I’d like to dabble into the bodice. I can see there are Youtube videos that I will be using. Does anyone have some insight or can provide some practice measurements to use so that I can try making a test bodice. The videos do not include that. I know how to input the measurements. Unfortunately, because of the pandemic, my teacher is not available to take my measurements. So, in the mean time, I practice using others measurements. Does that make sense? I look forward to your feedback.

1 Like

Though I have different books on pattern but I prefer metric pattern for women. Thank you

Hi @Wandawoman, Winifred Aldrich has measurement charts for sizes. It’s expensive to buy the rights to re-publish this data which is why we don’t. You can get this info for free from each pattern book, and these are the measurements the pattern book uses in its patterns.

In Aldrich there are 3 charts starting on p12:

• Young women of height 160-172cm sizes 6 through 16
  • High-street fashion garments sizes XS 6 - XL 18
  • Standard Sizing sizes 6 - 26

Pick a size in any chart and create a .vit file. The Winifred Aldrich patterns will probably use only the measurements that she included in these charts, so you’ll be able to make her patterns using the .vit files you create.

Good luck with your bodice! Let us know which Aldrich bodice you decide to create. I love to translate book patterns into Seamly2D, it’s fun. We’re here to help.

3 Likes

Thanks so much.I will do just that

1 Like

Kindly help me with labeling please.thank you

1 Like

Please create this request as a new post! This helps keep the conversation focused so your questions are answered and not overlooked in a long thread about something else.

2 Likes

Okay.I will create a post on that. Thank you

2 Likes