How to contribute additional patterns to my-pattern.cloud?

Continuing the discussion from Find basic pattern to start:

@alinegesualdi Here’s a screenshot, the button reading “Browse… or drag” is the upload button:

GT: Aqui está uma captura de tela, o botão “Browse… or drag” é o botão de upload: patterncloudupload

I think the option to share the pattern is part of the upload process, but @Grace & @MrDoo know more about it.

GT: Acho que a opção de compartilhar o padrão faz parte do processo de upload, mas @Grace e @MrDoo sabem mais sobre isso.

2 Likes

To share your patterns.

1. Upload them to your ‘My Patterns’. Drag the .VAL file onto the [Browse… or drag] button, and the measurements when prompted. Patterns and measurements are private by default.

2. Assuming that it uploads okay (if it doesn’t then pop me an email at admin@my-pattern.cloud and please note the exact time of the error) then you can use the … icon to bring up the menu for the pattern and pick the ‘Share’ option.

3. You can then choose which groups/contacts you share the pattern with, how free a licence to apply, and whether to also share measurements.

All feedback welcome! Please feel free to email me at admin@my-pattern.cloud, or through this forum as appropriate.

I’ve recently updated the ‘Export shared pattern’ walkthrough, and will update the others as soon as I can to reflect the quite substantial changes to the site that have been made in the last few months.

4 Likes

I’ve added functionality to my-pattern.cloud so that patterns can be shared with a link. The link can be used without registering or logging in. The intention is to provide a convenient way to discuss patterns, techniques etc. without needing to download .VAL and .VIT files. It should also work in iPads and Android devices.

For example https://my-pattern.cloud/ws/shared/6UAfzzn41OVg6EiAOoTh

To create a shareable link for a pattern, upload the pattern and then from the Sharing tab of the the pattern’s definition use the [Create shareable link] button.

5 Likes