Hola a todos!

Gracias. Lo suponía pero no perdía nada por preguntar.

Es una pena porque sería genial para poder hacer la marcada en un tejido.

2 Likes

Hola a todes, quisiera hacer una pregunta o mas bien que me explicaran por el uso de las fórmulas. Gracias por adelantado.

1 Like

Hola @PepaCarro

Esto es muy difícil de explicar con el largo detalle en el que me gustaría entrar, pero básicamente, las fórmulas están para crear medidas extra a partir de las existentes. Así que si piensas en una receta, las fórmulas son los ingredientes y el patrón es el método y la prenda será el pastel o plato.

En las fórmulas, encontrarás la medida que introduces en la Cinta, las Variables, longitudes de líneas, ángulos de líneas, longitudes de curvas o arcos, y muchas más - todo ahí para un fácil acceso.

Teniendo esto en cuenta, quizás puedas ser un poco más específico sobre lo que quieres hacer y entonces podremos ayudarte más.

Traducción realizada con la versión gratuita del traductor DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator

Hello @PepaCarro

This is very hard to explain in the lengthy detail I’d like to go into, but basically, the formulas are there to create extra measures out of the existing ones. So if you think of a recipe, the formulas are the ingredients and the pattern is the method and the garment will be the cake or dish.

In the formulas, you will find the measurement that you enter in Tape, the Variables, lengths of lines, angle of lines, length of curves or arcs, and many more - all there for easy access.

With this in mind, perhaps you can be a bit more specific about what it is that you want to do and then we can help you further.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Grace, it is true that my question was very open. Actually I read you talk about formulas and I feel like I’m missing something important that could help me in my patterns. The substance of the program is parametric drawing and being able to do many sizes without redrawing everything. I suppose that the formulas are used for the case of armhole curves, which are deformed when the size is changed.

1 Like

In a nutshell… the formulas allow a pattern to adjust to a given set of neasurements set up in the SeamlyMe application.

For example… lets say the length formula of point A to A1 is equal to the measurement @waist… plus 5cm or the formula is @waist + 5. And then the length formula of point A1 to A2 is = length of A_1 + 20. If you set @waist in SeamlyMe to 30cm… when the pattern updates the length of A to A1 will equal 35cm, and A1 to A2 is equal to 55cm. Now if you change waist to 40, the pattern updates to A_A1 = 45, and A1_A2 = 65… all by just changing the measurent - which is usually done by simply loading another person’s neasurements.

The formulas allow you to use measurements, length or angles of lines , length of curves, radiuses of arcs, variables, and math functions.

1 Like

I understand and I suppose that it will have its own syntax, is it possible to find any document about it that explains it?

1 Like

It is just math, & uses a fairly common format for doing math on a computer. This Seamly wiki page might help: Functions - Seamly2D

:unicorn:

2 Likes

Thank you!! @Pneumarian for your response.

2 Likes

The picture @Pneumarian attached is the Formulas dialog, which opens when you click the Fx button wherever you see it. This where you can select the various values of the tool properties, measurements, or variables to add to a formula. You don’t have to type all the crypic names, you can just click on an item to add it.

One note I should make, as it’s always something every user runs into. Due to the nature of the application, only tools (and thus their properties) that were created before the tool you’re trying to edit a formula for… are available to use. Any tools created after the tool you’re trying to edit will not show up in the various lists in the Formula dialog as pictured above.

3 Likes

Just for FYI and a start… This is a very good start to creating armhole and sleeve cap curves that resize beautifully:

And then, if you have a look at my blog, I did a piece a year or two ago on how I use Variables where I show a few examples of formulas that I use as constant variables, that may help you.

3 Likes

Dear @Grace I don’t know how to thank you for your help and dedication, you have opened a door for me that leads me to a new dimension of Seamly. Many thanks.!! Querida @Grace, no sé cómo agradecerte tu ayuda y dedicación, has abierto una puerta ante mí que me lleva a una nueva dimensión de Seamly. Muchísimas gracias!! Esto me mantendrá callada por un tiempo!! Jajaja :rofl:

3 Likes

And perfect timing to try out the improved IntersectXY tool that makes it easier to get a vert and horz line to use for the control points of the curves.

And yes… to get curves to resize correctly with changing measurements it’s imperative to formulize the control points or the curves won’t scale correctly.

I’ve always put the bez constant in the measurement file, but it probably makes more sense to use a variable as it stays. with the pattern file

2 Likes

Hola, gracias por su respuesta tengo días buscando la opción para hacer el escalado de tallas y no encontraba la forma de hacerlo hasta que me encuentro con ésta información.

Lo suelto y estaré a la espera de que el programa ofrezca esa opción.

2 Likes

Hola y bienvenido al foro Seamly2D, @rcagaby.

El programa ya escala las tallas si creas una tabla de medidas Multisize y la cargas en el programa - Menú > Medidas > Cargar Multisize.

Quizás no estoy entendiendo bien la traducción :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to the Seamly2D forum, @rcagaby

The program already scales the sizes if you create a Multisize measurement chart and load it into the program - Menu > Measurements > Load Multisize.

Perhaps I’m not understanding the translation properly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gracias por responder, si ya tengo el escalado en todas las tallas en una sóla gráfica, para imprimir un patrón donde aparezcan todas las tallas.

2 Likes

Una vez que tengas todo listo, tendrás que exportar cada tamaño a .svg y luego anidarlos en un programa externo como Inkscape.

Once you have everything ready to go, you will need to export each size to .svg and then nest them in an external program like Inkscape.

1 Like

Gracias por tu información, ya lo puse en práctica,

1 Like

Hola! Gracias por tu ayuda, te queria consultar, sabras como imprimir los patrones multitalla? es decir, ya yo ingrese mi tabla de medidas multitalla e hice mi patron base, el tema es, que a la hora de imprimir o guardar solo me permite el de la talla base (32 en este caso) le he dado muchas vueltas y nada, y eso que el mismo programa me hace los aumentos/reducciones correspondientes automaticamente. El problema esta a la hora de imprimir o guardar. Espero puedas ayudarme, de antemano, gracias!

1 Like

Te he contestado en el otro topice, sin embargo, olvidé mencionar que necesitas exportar/imprimir cada tamaño individualmente cambiando el tamaño entre cada impresión/exportación. Si exporta, tenga cuidado de incluir el tamaño en el nombre del archivo.

I have replied to you on the other topice, however, I forgot to mention that you need to export/print each size individually by changing the size between each print/export. If exporting, be careful to include the size in the name of the file.

1 Like

muchisimas gracias Grace, eso me ha resuelto mi problema!!!

1 Like