Help with labels

I’m having a problem locating where I need to input my pattern size so it shows on the labels. Can anyone help?

1 Like

On the Pattern Options, select the Labels tab on the right, and then Piece Label Data. In the new window that pops up, click on the line above where you’d like to add the size, click the + at the bottom right to add a new line, highlight the message that is there and click on the Insert button at the bottom right. Select the Size option:

This will only work if you are using a multisize measurements chart.

If you are using an individual measurement chart, then you will need to type in the size. In this case, replace the word ‘Empty’ with whatever text you would prefer.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer. I’m doing bespoke patterns, I thought I was missing out somewhere where I entered the size as I had already done the above.

1 Like

Do you know if there’s any way to change these?

2 Likes

Not without hacking the Source.

Are you wanting to change their names, or to change which fields are in that list?

:unicorn:

2 Likes

I would like to change the fields to suit my purposes, but am not familiar with coding.

2 Likes

I like this potential feature request, (which will need to be posted to Github to make it official.) Could you describe more exactly what effect you’re going for, so that the devs can tell what to code?

Metaphorically speaking, you have asked for a four-footed animal that can carry some weight. We’d hate for the devs to design a Thoroughbred if what you’re wanting is a camel.

2 Likes

I also find that label section somewhat complicated, not intuitive, but perhaps I dont understand the reasoning behind its development. You want to label the pattern pieces, yes. I havent used some of those fields, but am I correct in thinking that orientation, rotation and tilt are there to allow a label to fit on a narrow or odd shaped pattern piece? I guess the setting of label size is useful if you are looking for consistency across your set of patterns, but it seems overly complicated at first glance. As a beginner user of the software, you kind of just want a text editor, and a way to put a box/visible line around the information of the label. And be able to move its position easily once its done. Not being critical either, since Just having this resource is pretty amazing!

2 Likes

Ich persönlich benutze die Maske der Etiketten nur für den Namen und die Anzahl. Alle anderen Felder haben sich mir noch nicht wirklich erschlossen. Die Fold postion habe ich dazu genommen um dem individuellen Teil eine Artikelnummer zu geben. Nach dem sich im Laufe der Jahre immmer mehr Schnitte und Weiterentwicklungen angesammelt haben und ich etwas den Überblick verloren habe, habe ich mich hingesetzt und eine Legende über den Umgang mit Seamly für mich aufgeschrieben. Dabei geht es um den Aufbau der Schnitte, die Bildung von Gruppen und auch die Etkettierung. Ausgangsbasis ist der Grundbau eines Modelles. Der bekommt einen Namen und den Vermerk als Grundschnitt. Dies wird alles bei #Datei#pattern preferences#Label data abgelegt. Dafür gibt es ein eigenes template mit den für mich wichtigen Informationen.

Unter #Schnittmuster werden alle Dinge aufgeschrieben, die für den Schnitt an sich relevant sind: Name; mögliche Bearbeitungspunkte im Schnitt, Längen und Weiten. Bei den technischen Notizen wird vermerkt mit welchen Zugaben der Schnitt konstruiert wurde:

image Das Pattern label wird nicht mehr verändert.

Das Detail label ist das, was jetzt individuell verändert werden kann und dann auch eingesetzt wird, wenn ich Kleinigkeiten an einem Schnitt ändere und ihm eine neue Nummer zuordne. image

Hier habe ich jetzt mein Oberteil Calle Grundschnitt mit der Veränderung 1.00.! 1 sagt mir, dass ich an der Länge etwas geändert habe. Es werden nur die zu benötigten Teile bearbeitet und im Detail Modus das detail label der geänderten Schnittteile aktualisiert und mit den entsprechenden Information versehen. Hier ein Beispiel für das Vorderteil:

Ich habe für die unterschiedlichen Schnitteile verschiedenen templates angelegt und abgespeichert.

Die Etkettengröße gebe ich mit cm Angaben an und lege immer einen Pin fest. image

3 Likes