Hello hello Justine here

Hello and thank you for this great software and community! I am Justine, a French 31 years old mom of 2. I am sewing since age 14 or so and I really enjoy it (when I have time). I mainly saw for my kids, it really kicked during the first lockdown because my son grew out of his clothes and I had plenty of time. My husband and I own a hotel/restaurant so we are quite busy and I would like to saw more. I now mainly use patterns for my daughter Félicité who is almost 2 and not fed up of mom’s clothes yet :innocent:. I downloaded this software because I would like to make clothes for me but I think the patterns out there are sometimes great, they don’t allow me to be creative. And I know my style and what fits me (I am rather skinny) so I would like to be able to create my own patterns. I can speak English but I am sure this message will have it’s fare share of mistake and spelling errors and I am sorry for that.

Justine

6 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Seamly2D forum, @justine0633

:blush: Your English is a lot better than my French, which I’ve been trying to learn for over 20 years now and can only say please, thank you & how are you. If we don’t understand something, we will ask.

I found that Winnifred Aldrich’s books were very helpful for children’s clothing for both boys & girls of all ages. And the same books on Women’s Wear are also very good to start out with. But if you already know pattern making, then you will use your skills in the same way that you would if drafting patterns on paper, just with a few differences.

If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask. We love to help.

2 Likes