I was particularly interested in the project for body measurement app.I have earlier worked with mobile apps which can be used on different platforms.As per the idea it has been suggested to develop an android app ,however I think the android app will be limited to android users only.So in order to increase its acceptibility and user base I plan to develop a web based app using jQuery Mobile[LINK http://jquerymobile.com/] which can be used on various platforms.The app will be available for use offline also using Apache Cordova Installer[LINK http://cordova.apache.org/].
I plan to design the app on these guidelines :
- A very intuitive UI for step-by-step body measurements.Since the app is mostly about User Interaction.
- A local JSON or XML file to store the data
- HTML5 , CSS ,jQuery Mobile for UI design
- Exporting Data via email , google spreadsheets.
Following are few additional ideas which I plan to incorporate in the app
- Basic Functionality of guiding while taking body measurements via animations.
- Information about different Size Charts
- Conversion from one Size chart to another.(From European to US)
The project seems interesting to me and I would like to discuss more about the project with the mentor and how should I contribute to it.Hope to hear soon from you. with regards, Prashant Kiran