Issue: Curve's seam allowance doesn't work properly in latest version

Hi,

I’ve installed the new version of Seamly and when I opened one pattern, the seam allowance was displaced and the numbers on the seam allowance window greyed. I’m unable to fix the problem, even tried to create a new detail piece to check but not working.

Check with this file : 0 - Sous-vetement femme 1_v2.val (24,3 Ko)

2 Likes

Ohne Maßtabelle kann man die Datei nicht öffnen:(

2 Likes

We need the measurement file you use to open the pattern. It’s the .vit file.

2 Likes

Here are the file : Mesures_test.vit (2,7 Ko)

1 Like

this is what I get opening the file

2 Likes

Hello @simoncotelapointe

I see what you mean… image

You are trying to correct these seam allowances and the numbers are greyed out as if they won’t work and you can’t change them. And you’re right! Even though you have the amount in, it doesn’t want to change.

That’s really very strange. Because it is working on one of my patterns. Please can you tell me what Operating System you are working on and which version of Seamly2D you have installed. You will find the version in the Help menu > About Seamly2D:

Perhaps take a screenshot of that page. So that we can understand the problem properly.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I’m using version Seamly 0.6.0.1. with Windows 7.

2 Likes

But which build-date? I think that at least the last three builds have all been 0.6.0.1, & all have had different bugs to work out. & there may be other details that a screen-cap of the About dialog would show that I’m unaware of. :unicorn:

1 Like

Built on July 30 2020

2 Likes

Mine is 0.6.0.0a, no greyed out seam allowance.

2 Likes

HI @simoncotelapointe, Are you on a laptop or PC? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

2 Likes

Hi,

I have a tower PC. 64 bit I think. The question is about the Windows installation in 32 or 64 or the computer itself?

2 Likes

2020-08-05_21-55-17

2 Likes

Thank you for the screenshot, @simoncotelapointe, I see we are both on the same build version, and I’ve tried different things and it’s still not working.

@slspencer is the best person to look into this. I’m sorry that I can’t help you.

2 Likes

For comparison, over here in the Linux release, my text in that dialog is greyed out, but is fully manipulable. Here’s a screenshot of the Labels dialog, where we can see the workable greyed text parallel to unworkable greyed fields:

WorkpieceTool.Labels

The low-contrast text is harder to see, & seems like it ought to be ghost-text like the hint text on the “Piece label data” tab. (Actually, it may be an optical illusion, but the ghost-text seems to be a darker grey.)

2 Likes

Yes, the numbers are also greyed out in all my other patterns and I can change the numbers, but with this particular pattern, I cannot change the numbers and the seams A35 and A35a2 are displaced and not removable.

2 Likes

Oh yay! I thought I’d lost this when nearby lightning blinked the lights & apparently ruined the internet connection on my main computer. That was several hours ago.

Thanks for reminding me to mess with the actual pattern @Grace! The problem was not what I understood y’all to be saying, & was in fact the same in Linux.

The numbers could be changed, but they had no effect on the outcome. SO it felt similar to the problem I think of as “The Compass Rose Issue.” Therefore I slightly altered the curve that A35 attaches to, & I believe that, (at least with the measurements which were included,) it renders properly.

So, @simoncotelapointe, is this right? 0 - Sous-vetement femme 1_v2.val (26.2 KB)

1 Like

Wow! @Pneumarian, that’s amazing!!. I tweaked one curve handle by about ,5 degrees and it all came right… Like magic :star_struck: :star_struck:

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Here’s the difference between @simoncotelapointe’s original and@Pneumarian’s fixed files…the values were rounded to nearest integer for lengths and angles:

Original pattern:

Fixed file:

2 Likes

It’s working. Thanks for the help! So if I understand, with this type of error, I just have to round the numbers? Like @slspencer mention.

2 Likes