I had to condense some of the more recent issues on the github repo.
My apologies to those whose comments and requests were truncated.
What was removed:
- Conversational phrases
- Embedded additional feature requests
- Duplicate information
When creating issues, please keep in mind:
Discussion on github isn’t seen by the community, so decisions are made by the few. So…first have a lengthy discussion on the forum, get community consensus. One person’s idea may need improvement to meet everyone’s needs. Screenshots and descriptions should be posted in forum for vetting.
Developers should be able to easily scan for issues they like and quickly smash them. So …issues should be short, well-defined, and easy to read.
Additionally, If the github issues list were to be treated as our second forum:
- too much time required to read (and maintain) two forums on same subject
- difficult to clearly understand what is being requested in github discussions
- additional feature requests embedded in discussion make the issue too complex to implement
- important details get “buried” in friendly wordy overhead
- lack of clarity leads to incorrect code implementations
If we follow these guidelines, where discussion and decisions are on the forum, and use github issues for tersely recording those decisions, then code implementation will be faster and easier.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the github repo. It’s important.