Getting Started

Hello Abhishek!

It would be nice if you join to Valentina team :)2015-10-21 0:34 GMT+03:00 Susan Spencer susan.spencer@gmail.com:

Hi Abhishek!

Welcome to Valentina!

• Susan

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Valentina-project list” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to valentina-project-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to valentina-project-list@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/valentina-project-list. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks Roman Telezhinskyi .I want to contribute to valentina as I wanted to work upon some big development project. Learn to handle big code base and code something which lots of people use.I have already cloned code,build and valentina is running on my Ubuntu.I am trying to understand the code base.

Are some bugs tagged with something like newbie or something?On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:37:15 PM UTC+5:30, Roman Telezhinskyi wrote:

I have previous development experience in python,javascript.I am also

quite familiar with C/C++ and have good algorithmic skills too.Please recommend me how to start with valentina.

That’s good.

I’m new to open source.

Because you new to open source i have one question. Why do you decide to contribute? What is your motivation? Do you plan to use Valentina? :slight_smile:

Ok. Let’s look what we have.

I think that’s enough for now. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Roman

Hello everyone I’m new to open source.I want to contribute to project valentina.Please help me from where to start with and some beginner level bugs. Thanks Abhishek Kumar

Hi Abhishek!

Welcome to Valentina!

• Susan

I have previous development experience in python,javascript.I am also quite familiar with C/C++ and have good algorithmic skills too.Please recommend me how to start with valentina.

That’s good.

I’m new to open source.

Because you new to open source i have one question. Why do you decide to contribute? What is your motivation? Do you plan to use Valentina? :slight_smile:

Ok. Let’s look what we have.

I think that’s enough for now. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Roman

Are some bugs tagged with something like newbie or something?

We never had a lot such bugs. I always kill them first.

But for you i have two refactorings:

• replace unsigned int by quint32
  • check if all virtual functions have keyword virtual and, in some cases, marked with *Q_DECL_OVERRIDE. *This will help find errors in future.

Hello,

Please help me from where to start with and some beginner level bugs.

First we should know your level of skills. You forgot to mention this. :slight_smile: Then i will give my recommendations.

RomanOn Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:35:57 AM UTC+3, abhishek wrote:

Hello everyone I’m new to open source.I want to contribute to project valentina.Please help me from where to start with and some beginner level bugs. Thanks Abhishek Kumar

Hello I have previous development experience in python,javascript.I am also quite familiar with C/C++ and have good algorithmic skills too.Please recommend me how to start with valentina. Thanks Abhishek KumarOn Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 2:05:57 PM UTC+5:30, abhishek wrote: