Formula assistant crashes program

Narrowing this problem down.
We may need to implement this build approach:

1 Like

Or stop supporting MacOS. :wink:

And again this is where I find myself at a disadvantage not having a Mac. :frowning:

1 Like

Did this issue get fixed? I am having the same issues with font and formula resulting in crashing. Many thanks

1 Like

@Grace Thanks for the feedback. It seems the website doesn’t easily allow for downloading older versions, but I was able to use the Github release pages to find older releases. The October 24, 2021 release works (downloading the .zip file). The November 4 release does not work. I noticed that the November 4 release is also the first one to identify a separate MacOS version. Perhaps that will help narrow down the problem? I’m happy to help troubleshoot, as far as I am able.

For those who have this issue currently, here’s the link to the version that seems to be working for me: https://github.com/FashionFreedom/Seamly2D/releases/download/Weekly-2021-10-250046/Seamly2D.zip

1 Like

One note for anyone with this issue to say that unfortunately the one pattern I built in the newer version will not open in the older version.

1 Like

Yes… anyone can download any previous release of the apps on Github.

Not sure on a Mac, but with the Windows version you can install any number of versions - keeping in mind they will all share the same .ini preferences files.

1 Like

Has anybody that is having this issue with the formulas dialog crashing using a language other than English?

If so I may know what the issue is.

1 Like

Hey folks, any update on this issue? I’m having the same problem (latest build, MacOS 12.3.1)

If I restart my computer completely it will sometimes work, but then after a while it will start completely crashing the program (whole program immediately closes when I click on the formula assistant with no error message, and I get the MacOS “SeamlyMe Quit Unexpectedly” dialogue asking if I want to send a crash report to Apple). Once it starts the behavior is constant until I reboot.

And to @Douglas’s question: my OS is set to English.

1 Like

Update: just tried rebooting and it still crashed.

Crash report (I have omitted the traceback because it’s really long but lmk if it’s helpful and I can send it):

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               Seamly2D [1270]
Path:                  /Applications/Seamly2D.app/Contents/MacOS/Seamly2D
Identifier:            org.seamly2dproject.Seamly2D
Version:               0.6.0 (0.6.0.1)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-04-26 22:23:44.6713 -0400
OS Version:            macOS 12.3.1 (21E258)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     6.4 (19P4243)
Anonymous UUID:        0A35E70C-A85F-D595-E6D8-5906F23824C8

Time Awake Since Boot: 77 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSGenericException', reason: '-[NSApplication runModalSession:] may not be invoked inside of transaction begin/commit pair, or inside of transaction commit (usually this means it was invoked inside of a view's -drawRect: method.)'
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called
1 Like