Formula assistant crashes program

Hi @Grace

I’m actually trying to continue working on existing patterns that I have saved. Two days ago everything was working fine then this morning I saw that there was a new release and updated my software to the 2022-01-10 release and that’s when the crashes started. And they are continuing.

1 Like

Oh, dear! I’m so sorry. Ok, I won’t be able to help you. Perhaps @Douglas or @slspencer will come by soon to assist you.

Hi @atay I checked the Windows version & the f(x) code works fine. This has something to do with the Mac build tools. We’ll look into it and get back to you.

1 Like

Does this happen regardless of which tool or whether you click the fx button from a right click tool dialog or the Properties Editor?

1 Like

@ atay Does it show any error codes? What does it look like when it crashes? Does it lock up, or close down, or display a popup box? Knowing more about the type of crash will help a lot. If you can take a screenshot, that’s best.

2 Likes

Here’s more info on MacOS 12.1 Monterrey and apps that crash:

Here’s info that might help us determine more about how to troubleshoot MacOS:

2 Likes

Yes it happens regardless which tool I am using. As soon as I click the fx button, in any window, the program just shuts down.

2 Likes

It just closes, no error codes or anything.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. When i use Formula assistant my program crashes.

I also get an error when i make a new measurement table.

(hope i load the image correct) Last time i tried the program again and using the formula assistant, i think i saw the same error in a glimp before the program was shutting down. Normally i see nothing, just like @atay mentioned.

2 Likes

Ok let’s look at the error message first: “Populating font family aliases”

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-87267

Apparently this happens when a specific font is referenced in the code. This error was supposed to be gone when we migrated to 5.15.2. @Karin - Look in your ‘Help/About’ and paste your screenshot of the About dialog: image image

1 Like

Thanks for your message @slspencer . Here is my screenshot.

1 Like

The “missing font family” bug in MacOS was supposedly fixed in Qt 5.15.2 and also in Qt 6.0+.
However…apparently there are still problems.

This isn’t the main problem listed in this thread, but I think we can eliminate this one with judicious font replacement. I’ve seen some error reports that claim the problem can occur with fonts embedded in svgs (and we have a lot of these in SeamlyMe!)

I’ll experiment with changing embedded fonts in .svgs to ‘Sans, Arial’. This font is higher up in the font database, so it’s easier/quicker to find so that it won’t time out.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to Seamly and am having this exact problem - same OS, same version of Seamly. Any work-around?

1 Like

Hello & welcome to the Seamly2D forum, @tlgwin

I’m on Windows, so I can’t check if this has been fixed, but please download the latest release here: Release v2022-01-24.0218 · FashionFreedom/Seamly2D · GitHub and install it. Perhaps this has since been repaired.

Please let us know how you fare.

1 Like

Hello @Grace , I downloaded the linked release but the problem isn’t solved.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. @slspencer said that she is working on it to find a solution. I’m afraid we will have to wait. In the meantime, perhaps download the last stable version from the website: https://seamly.net/

You will be asked for your email address and a link to the downloads will be sent to you.

FYI I’m having the same issue… same version and same OS. I’m just starting out with Seamly, so I can make do without formulas for now, but it’s disappointing to not have this working at all!

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to Seamly2D forum @mojutubu

I’m sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the formula assistant connects you to the measurements that you record in SeamlyME and the lines and curves that you create earlier in your design, so it’s really a fundamental part of the program. So to avoid disappointment, I’d also advise you to install the older version from the website and pray that it works on your version of Mac.

Please let me know if the formulas work in that release.

Narrowing this problem down.
We may need to implement this build approach:

1 Like

Or stop supporting MacOS. :wink:

And again this is where I find myself at a disadvantage not having a Mac. :frowning:

1 Like