Find basic pattern to start

Hello to all , I am new to patern making but I am a smart learner . I surf the Blog and I am looking for basic pattern to start to make my pattern. Can you telle me where to find basic dress , pants , blouse ect…to use in the apps please. Maybe it does existe and I did not find it yet. I will await your updates. Thank to you all I am so glad I found this apps!!! Salutation

Mijo

2 Likes

Welcome @Mijo

check out seamly.cloud There are several patterns shared there. Also, are many patterns shared her on the forum, but not nicely cataloged. there is also the wiki Seamly2D

Please ignore the fact that the URL says valentina. That is left over and has not yet been updated.

Please feel free to keep posting on this forum. We are a friendly lot and surely there is someone who can help with almost any question.

Hello and TY . I am quite lost here really I tought it would be wayyyyyy easier . Sort of plug and play :wink: My respect to you fine people pattern maker I bow . …I will lookup the link
I will register on the cloud.

Have a great aftenoon Mijo

TY I think this link is just what I need to start ;

Cool

Mijo

1 Like

I started off with the Helen joseph Armstrong book Pattern Making for Fashion Design and adapted the instructions for the basic blocks to digital format.

There is going to be a learning curve, and sometimes it requires problem solving or asking on here.

Ok Thank you very much

Hi again, @Mijo

You will find some patterns on https://seamly.cloud/ that you may play with, but it will be very difficult because you don’t know how to create them, so how do you change them into the designs that you want?

Here, I shared some files to get someone started: New member, any spanish speakers? - #9 by Grace

And then there are some videos and links in the User Manual above.

I have not looked at this part of the WIKI in many months and I just noticed that the diagrams seem to have disappeared from the sleeve tutorial I wrote. I will look at this and try to make them reappear

1 Like

TY appreciated I am nor Spanish but french if you did wander…:wink: Merci

1 Like

TY very much for the tips :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile: I noticed that :slight_smile: but neither my Spanish nor my French work very well, and, sometimes I need to make very lengthy replies, so I’ve taken to replying in English. Any of the posts that you find on the forum can be translated by right-clicking on the white margin area and choosing Translate to ???.

See how to I converted a Basic Gown pattern to a Front Twist Dress pattern @ How to draft a Twist dress pattern using Valentina/ Seamly2D - YouTube

1 Like

Bonjour Kmf, je me suis inscrite sur https://seamly.cloud/ mais je ne vois pas les patrons de bases comment fait on svp? Faut il un ID écran? Je vous remercie pour votre réponse. Charlotte modéliste

1 Like

Hi @Still, @kmf is away for a while. There are a few patterns on the cloud, but I don’t know the cloud as well has she knows it. In the meantime, please have a look at this post and see if it won’t help you:

Salut @Still, @kmf est absent pendant un certain temps. Il y a quelques modèles sur le cloud, mais je ne connais pas aussi bien le cloud qu’elle le sait. En attendant, jetez un œil à ce post et voyez si cela ne vous aidera pas:

2 Likes

D’accord merci beaucoup

1 Like

hi ,12 year ago i was in your place looking for logical way to draft patterns…so i came up with my own way to draft patterns…i just started unloading them on youtube,but you can still check my books too

2 Likes

Hello @Chareve.

I apologize for the delay in my response. The pattern sharing is currently available at https://my-pattern.cloud/ I apologize for any confusion with the incorrect address provided at the top. This is a screenshot of what you should see when you visit that page.

Bonjour @Chareve.

Je m’excuse du retard dans ma réponse. Le partage de modèle est actuellement disponible sur https://my-pattern.cloud/ Je m’excuse pour toute confusion avec l’adresse incorrecte fournie en haut. Ceci est une capture d’écran de ce que vous devriez voir lorsque vous visitez cette page.

You may register there with your own free account. @MrDoo has set up a group for all members of this forum and you will be automatically included. Please let me know after you have success with creating your account and I will be happy to be of further assistance.

Vous pouvez vous y inscrire avec votre propre compte gratuit. @MrDoo a mis en place un groupe pour tous les membres de ce forum et vous serez automatiquement inclus. Veuillez me le faire savoir après avoir réussi à créer votre compte et je serai heureux de vous aider davantage.

2 Likes

You may need to use your browser scroll button to view the second part of the page, which looks like this

Vous devrez peut-être utiliser le bouton de défilement de votre navigateur pour afficher la deuxième partie de la page, qui ressemble à ceci

1 Like

Bom dia! Alguém possui atualização para o link abaixo?

Fiz o cadastro no my-pattern.cloud mas só encontrei 1 public pattern. Como faço para encontrar grupos e participar deles?

Essa ferramenta do my-pattern.cloud está sendo utilizada por vocês?

Desde já agradeço a atenção. Abraços Aline

2 Likes

valentina.org :arrow_right: seamly.net:

Hopefully this thread: Pattern share website user registration has the pattern-cloud information you’re looking for.

GT: Esperançosamente, este tópico: Pattern share website user registration tem as informações de nuvem padrão que você está procurando.

I can’t remember what I had to do to have 18 shared patterns in the shared list.

GT: Não me lembro o que tive que fazer para ter 18 padrões compartilhados na lista compartilhada.

2 Likes