File parsing error

Hello :wave:

I was making a bodice with a raglan sleeve I used the union tool to join the front yoke and sleeve and it worked fine, but when I used same tool to join the back yoke to the sleeve, this happened :sob: Now I can’t open the file Can anyone help please :pray: Screenshot from 2022-08-30 07-18-44 Yeabsira pattern.val (94.5 KB)

Hello, @Hanawi

I deleted the Union and had to remove 2 other small sections that you will need to redo. Here is your file back: Yeabsira pattern A.val (94.5 KB)

While the Union tool is amazing and easy to use, I prefer to do my unions in the drawing board using the Move Objects tool.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Grace!!! You saved me I did want to use the move tool but couldn’t understand how to use it … Will try it again

2 Likes

The move tool is one of the reasons that I put all the pattern pieces on the same draft board. You won’t be able to move the shoulder part from the bodice to the sleeve part, since they’re on seperate boards.

2 Likes

So you’re saying it’s possible to merge different pattern pieces into the same draft mode? If so how can I do that ?

2 Likes

No. "Draft blocks " (formerly called pattern pieces) in draft mode can not be merged. “Pattern Pieces” - (formerly called details) can be merged (sort of) in Piece mode via the Union tool.

What Grace is describing is doing all your drafting in one draft block so that you can use the move tool to move (and rotate) points and curves within that block. In other words you can accomplish what the Union tool does by using the Move and Rotate tools… without encountering some of the issues the Union tool apparently still has. Not to mention, the Union tool will not mirror a Piece, so for example you can’t Join a facing to the center front of a bodice without it being upside down.

3 Likes

I tried to use the move tool, now i understand what Grace meant Thanks alot for your help !! Ive learned alot today!

3 Likes