File error

Exception: invalid version. Maximum supported version is 0.6.0

I cant open my pattern anymore. Error above appears. What does this mean and is there a way to fix it

2 Likes

Oh dear! That’s no fun.

Could you post your Operating System, & Seamly2D release date? The release date of Seamly2D that you made you pattern in would probably be helpful as well. Unfortunately, the version number of Seamly2D is currently nearly meaningless, unless it’s from before 0.6.0.1.

& if you could also upload a copy of the VAL for us to review, (& possibly fix the xml by hand,) that would be most helpful.

You could also try downloading one of the recent weekly releases & seeing if that happens to work better: Seamly2D Releases · GitHub

We’re glad to have you here, & we hope that we can get you running smoothly in short order!

1 Like

It would indicate trying to open a newer version pattern in an older version of the program. The current *.val ver is 0.6.1. Did you by chance open the pattern in one of recent weekly builds, and are trying to open in an older ver?

Don’t fret… I’m pretty sure like Pneumarian suggested downloading the latest ver will open the pattern. If not, we’re pretty good at hand fixing the files.

2 Likes

Yes… I forget exactly where the build ver comes from to go into the About dialog. I should though recover the update work I did on the Help menus & About dialogs.

That being said… I think the alerts regarding the supported version needs some work - it’s confusing and the message doesn’t really tell the user what the problem is. Worse it offers no solution. I think an alert simply stating something like “You need a newer version of the application to open this pattern” would be more effective. And honestly - I have no idea why the version number starts with a 0 ??? To me just more spaghetti on the wall.

BTW… I just added a new background color feature, plus the rest of the Qt QColors as color options, and will address some tool name changes - so the new pattern ver will be 0.6.2 soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s because way back in the day they decided that version 1.0 would have all the features needed for a lay user to draft & cut a pattern that fits. Since one of the core features is supposed to be Seamly3D, which will allow one to fix egregious fit issues before translating to the material world, we’re still a good way from v1.0, but I think we should be at least to ß0.6.2.0

1 Like

Well here’s why the version comes up as Seamly2D 0.6.0.1… which has nothing to do with the pattern schema.

extern const int MAJOR_VERSION = 0;
extern const int MINOR_VERSION = 6;
extern const int DEBUG_VERSION = 0;

extern const int SUPER_MINOR__VERSION = 1;
extern const QString APP_VERSION_STR(QStringLiteral("%1.%2.%3.%4")
.arg(MAJOR_VERSION)
.arg(MINOR_VERSION)
.arg(DEBUG_VERSION)
.arg(SUPER_MINOR__VERSION));

IMO it should be MAJOR_VERSION, MINOR_VERSION, SUPER_MINOR__VERSION, BUILD_VERSION.

So given a pattern schema 0.6.1 any app ver of 0.6.1.xxx will open the pattern. When the schema changes to 0.6.2, the app version should become 0.6.2.1… and so on. What a concept.

But again… I would ditch the preceding 0… it just looks bad… Yup - six years later and we’re still on Ver 0.

3 Likes

Let’s fix the versioning scheme, it’s a mess. Continue discussion on new thread: Update Seamly version scheme

2 Likes

Screenshot 2021-01-19 130505 wird hochgeladen: Screenshot 2021-01-19 130505.jpg… Screenshot 2021-01-19 130438 Was ist hier passiert? Die Dateien haben nicht mehr das .val Format:(

1 Like

2019-11-12-Grundschnitt Standarthose-Scholz, Stephanie.val (98,1 KB) 2020-Größentabelle Bettina.vst (3,4 KB) wird hochgeladen: 2019-11-12-Grundschnitt Standarthose-Scholz, Stephanie.val…

vom PC aus kann ich die Programme gar nicht öffnen.

Geöffnete Datei mit wöchentlicher Seamly-Version ab 20210111. Die Datei wurde ohne Fehler in unsere neueste Dateiformatversion konvertiert. Datei mit wöchentlicher Seamly-Version von 20210118 konnte nicht geöffnet werden. Die Datei wurde nicht in das neueste Dateiformat konvertiert. Der Fehler “Unbekannte PassmarkLine” wurde angezeigt.

Opened file with Seamly weekly release from 20210111. The file was converted to our latest file format version without error. Could not open file with Seamly weekly release from 20210118. The file was not converted to the latest file format – The ‘unknown passmarkAngle’ error was displayed.

1 Like

Wow, ich habe es auf 20210118 erneut versucht und es wurde ohne Fehlermeldung geöffnet. Ich prüfe dies, aber in der Zwischenzeit ist hier Ihre Datei im neuesten Dateiformat 0.6.1.

Wow, I tried it again on 20210118, and it opened without an error message. I am looking into this, but in the meantime, here is your file in the latest file format 0.6.1.

2019-11-12-Grundschnitt Standarthose-Scholz, Stephanie.val (99.9 KB)

1 Like

I opened several other patterns with file version 0.6.0, they opened properly. I’m looking for older patterns now, will confirm whether they open properly.

1 Like

Meine ganzen Seamly Daten sind in Photoshop hinterlegt. Das seamly Zeichen vor den Dateien ist weg:( Öffne ich die Datei in Seamly dann funktioniert es.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-01-20 110337 wird hochgeladen: Screenshot 2021-01-20 110337.jpg… So sehen meine Dateien aus.Screenshot 2021-01-20 110237 Die bearbeitete Datei von slspencer hat auch das Photoshopformat

1 Like

Ihr Betriebssystem verknüpft also keine .val-Dateien mehr mit Seamly. Ich denke, es gibt Möglichkeiten, eine Dateierweiterung einer Anwendung unter Windows, Mac und Linux neu zuzuordnen. Bitte schauen Sie online nach, ich habe dieses Problem unter Windows 10 nicht und installiere häufig alte und neue Versionen von Seamly. Derzeit ist unter Windows 10 die Version 18 Seamly vom 18. Januar 2021 installiert.

Wenn jedoch jemand anderes eine Dissoziation von .val-Dateien mit Seamly bemerkt hat (das rosa V-Symbol wird in einem GUI-Datei-Explorer nicht neben einer .val-Datei angezeigt), melden Sie sich bitte!

BTW @Scholli, könnten Sie die hochgeladene Datei öffnen?

So your operating system no longer associates .val files with Seamly. I think there are ways to re-associate a file extension with an application in Windows, Mac, and Linux. Please look this up online, I’m not experiencing this problem on Windows 10, and I frequently install old versions and new versions of Seamly. Currently on my Windows 10 I have Seamly’s 18 Jan 2021 release installed.

But if anyone else has noticed a dissociation of .val files with Seamly (the pink V icon isn’t shown next to a .val file in a GUI file explorer) please speak up!

BTW @Scholli, could you open the uploaded file?

2 Likes

Hola, @slspencer , cuando yo creo archivos en Seamly2D, se guardan sin ningún icono. Si no, como una hoja en blanco. Cuando le doy a abrir, pregunta: ¿con cual programa? Y me sugiere algunos programas menos el Seamly2D. Para abrir el archivo, tiene que ser desde el programa. Esto me ha pasado con todas las versiones de Seamly2D que he instalado. Uso Windows 10. Saludos

Hi @slspencer, when I create files in Seamly2D, they are saved without any icons. If not, as a blank sheet. When I open it, it asks: with which program? And it suggests some programs except the Seamly2D. To open the file, it has to be from the program. This has happened to me with all versions of Seamly2D that I have installed. I use Windows 10. Greetings

2 Likes
  1. Right-click the Start button (or hit the WIN+X hotkey) and choose Settings .

2. Select Apps from the list.

3. Choose Default apps on the left.

4. Scroll down a little and select Choose default apps by file type

5. Locate the file extension for which you want to change the default program.

6. In the Choose default apps by file type window, select the program to the right of the file extension.

3 Likes

Wenn jedoch jemand eine Trennung von .val-Dateien mit Seamly bemerkt hat (das rosa V-Symbol wird in einem GUI-Datei-Explorer nicht neben einer .val-Datei angezeigt), melden Sie sich bitte!

Genau das ist bei mir passiert.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-01-21 112203 wird hochgeladen: Screenshot 2021-01-21 112203.jpg…

das ist mein Download - mehr taucht bei mir nicht auf. Screenshot 2021-01-21 112704

ich habe versucht slspencer`s Anweisungen zu folgen bin aber nicht weiter gekommen.

Ich kann aber ganz normal im Programm arbeiten. Habe aber keine V-Symbole vor meinen .val Dateien.

1 Like

Hola, a usted al menos le sale la extensión .VAL , a mi no sale, ni siguiendo los pasos que recomendó slspencer. Saludos

2 Likes