Fehler beim Auswerten der Datei - ExeptionObjectError

Hey there, I hope someone can help me with my problem. I’ve done a pattern for a shirt which I’ve worked on for hours and hours. That pattern has ben saved but as I’ve restarted seamly2d, its not opening anymore, instead it shows me a long list of errors which you can see attached.

Pls. does someone now what to do ?

Best, Philip

Ps. I’m working on Mac OS High Sierra Vers. 10.13.6

Hi Philip… if you can post your pattern and any measurement file here, someone here can take a look at it. Odds are we can recover most if not all of the pattern.

1 Like

Hey Douglas, that sounds great and would help me a lot. attached you’ll find the pattern and measurement file.

Best, Philip

Kurzarm_Hemd.val (96,1 KB) Men’s 48.vit (2,2 KB)

2 Likes

Hello and welcome, @philip

I have deleted an item that you used the Union tool to create, since this is the item that caused the error. I suggest that you create this item in draft mode by using one of the Mirror tools and then redo the pattern piece:

I tend to shy away from the Union tool since it’s a bit ‘iffy’. Sometimes it works beautifully & sometimes it does this.

And while I was checking your pattern, I noticed that your seam allowance wasn’t squaring nicely at point A70. The reason for this is because your curve doesn’t connect to this point. I’ve added A75 on the curve and put it in the correct place on the pattern piece. Now the seam allowance is nice & tidy :grinning:

Here’s your pattern back:

Kurzarm_Hemd - a.val (76.3 KB)

3 Likes

Of course it was the Union tool - as I suspected. ARRG. I really need to track down the issue with the Union tool. I would think it’s a reference/ dereference thing.

3 Likes

Hello @Grace, thank you for your warm welcome and also for your help on reworking my pattern. I will try to redo it using the mirror tool. Again thank you for the solution with the seam allowance problem, I wasn’t able to find the solution as this was my first pattern to create with the program.

@Douglas: also thank you for your support

You both were of big help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, @philip. I thought that you wouldn’t know what was causing it, so I did it to show you for future reference :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any other questions/problems.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Grace, you’re the best! This is such an easily overlooked slip at pattern piece tracing with insane seam allowance results…

3 Likes