export pattern

Hi everyone, I am a new user of Seamly2D. I have finished my very first pattern, the format is larger than a normal A0 (it is a 80x60 inches). I am trying to export and/or save the pattern in PDF or JPEG in order to print it later on. I cannot export in JPEG format, when I try everything seems to be fine but I cannot find the saved JPEG files afterwords. I also tried to export the pattern as tiled A0 PDF, but I have 2 error messages. The first one is: “Warning- Qpainter::begin(): Returned false”; the second one is: “Warning- failed to open file, is it writable?”; and then nothing else is happening. Has anyone encounter these issues? Could anyone help me fix these issues?

2 Likes

Hi Emy… I responded to your issue on Githhub.

Can you give me some more info - like the OS you are using and the build date (you can find that in the Help->About menu). Also it would help if you could attach your pattern and measurement files.

2 Likes

@Emy

After some testing and researching the error you reported it appears that you may have specified a filename for which the app is unable to write the output.

I’m able to export in any of the modes, with all of the formats with a very large size with no issue.

1 Like

Hi Douglas, Thank you so much for your help. So I just need to change the name of the file for it to be exported! That’s fantastic! I am guessing the issue was the spacing between words, wasn’t it? Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

That could be… the OS may not have an issue we with spaces in a filename, but Qt - specifically in this case QPainter() - apparently does. Thats why I usually use underscores in filenames to avoid such issues.

I should take a look at the code and to see if I need to have the dialog validate filenames before passing it on to QPainter for export.

2 Likes