Error when opening file

Hello everyone! I’m new in this forum and I really hope someone can help me. I spent the last two days creating a pattern - my first in Seamly2d - and as I was creating a new pattern piece, the program suddenly crashed and when I tried to open the file again it showed an error. Now I can’t seem to do anything about it. Everything is greyed out. I really hope there is a way to save the file!! I put so much work into it… This is the error message that’s being shown to me. I’m working on Windows 10.

Critical Error 07.05.2022 20_58_06

You should make a backup copy from your file. Then open the file with a text editor and delete the line with <node idObject="224" type="NodePoint"/>.

2 Likes

Hi @Mascha, welcome to the forum!

What @bernt said is how you can fix it (probably,) or you could post a copy of the .val & @Grace or I would look at it to see if there might be a better fix. There probably isn’t a better fix though, & you’d need to include the .vit so that we could verify that the fix was complete. They might also help the devs track down a glitch.

:unicorn:

1 Like

Thank you so much @bernt and @Pneumarian for your quick responses! I tried removing the line of code but it still doesn’t seem to work and now shows a different error message including a problem with the next line after this one. I know nearly nothing about coding, so maybe the mistake is on my side and I don’t really know what to do next. Here are the files: Schnittkonstruktion.val (34,4 KB) MaßeMai2022.vit (1,6 KB)

1 Like

Chances are someone here (before I can have a look) will be able to fix most of the pattern. Might loose what ever the last tool operation that caused it to crash.

1 Like

If you have a file that crashes Seamly2D when you open it, then you could always try importing it into my-pattern.cloud, making a spurious edit, and then exporting it again. There is a good chance that any items that are erroneous will be removed (or fixed) by this process. Its worth a try!

2 Likes

I had to delete the whole internal path to get it to open. Too tired to figure out why it’s throwing missing obj errors in the path. Did you try deleting anything?

See if this works for you: Schnittkonstruktion_fixed.val (33.9 KB)

2 Likes

Oh my god thank you SO MUCH @Douglas you absolutely saved me! I’m so happy that you managed to fix it! And @MrDoo thank you for the suggestion! If this should ever happen to me again (even though I hope it doesn’t) I’ll give this a try! Good to know there is another potential way to remove the errors.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes