Error on Release 2022-01-10

I have just moved and rotated a section of the pattern, which all worked perfectly. However, I need to add a line from before the move/rotate to get a 2nd point to line up in the pattern, so I went to the History tab to add this line before the rotation and got this error:

After clicking on the OK, the program terminates as the message says it will. When I reopen the pattern, it opens perfectly, however, every time I click on the History, the same thing happens.

OS is Windows 10 & the release is the latest - 2022-01-10:

Kimono.val (42.0 KB)

Universal Chart Measurements.vst (3.6 KB)

1 Like

Another thing that I am noticing on my patterns is that there are a lot of duplicate node labels. This could really not have happened during the time of drafting the original pattern, the program would never have allowed it:

1 Like

Hmmm… generally we never get an error msg so specific. Already see the problem… should be using the rotation point (a UInt, not the rotation angle a real double).

The point names… I’ll take a look later.

2 Likes

Fixed this issue. Might be in the next release tonight? BTW… going through the history with your pattern I decided that the history dialog could use some improvement. With a large number of items it gets really difficult to find any given item in the list.

I looked a bit into the duplicate point names… bit baffled at the moment. I’ll keep digging.

1 Like

Susan merged the PR, should be in the new release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, I’m going to download it now. Don’t worry about these. This is quite an old pattern which I don’t use any more. I’ll let you know if I notice it again.

So it’s possible the pattern was made with a version that had a unique name issue?

1 Like

I’ve tried opening a bunch of old patterns to see if it will happen again, but it doesn’t. It’s only this pattern. So it could be that I manually imported the sleeve into this pattern and didn’t ‘fix’ the labels and the program didn’t throw out an error, so it went unnoticed. I get up to all sorts of things, so anything is possible. :slight_smile:

Aha… that would do it. I’m a bit surprised that the app doesn’t throw an error / warning when parsing the pattern during loading. I guess the “uniqueness” is only checked during creation.

That being said… the pattern was throwing errors when I was trying to add points and it would come up with the no object Id #xx.

Alright… issues solved. On to the next… :slight_smile:

1 Like