Error Message: Error Parsing File

Hello During making changes (amending curves) the program stopped responding. After restarting the file is returning the “Error Parsing File” message, see screen shot attached. There was already a lot of work going into that pattern - is there a way to fix it? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi & welcome, @Natika

Can you please send me both the pattern (.val) and measurements (.vit/vst) files so that I can have a look at it? Perhaps I can help you.

2 Likes

Hi Grace

Please find below the files attached - Many thanks for your help here!

Triangle Top .val (47.0 KB) TOP .vst (1.7 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @Natika

Which version of Seamly2D are you using? or are you using Valentina, in which case, also which version?

1 Like

Hi Grace, I use Valentina, last Test Builds Version Mac OS X 10.13 I have loaded it 1 week ago

I did not build pattern in this version. Only amended my file with seam allowance. Trying to amend the curve I realised that it doesn’t reflect pattern on page Details. I closed the program. Next opening faced that Error opening

1 Like

Bonjour, désolée je ne parle pas anglais. Quand il m’arrive ce genre de chose, je fais CTRL Z et ça rentre dans l’ordre.

3 Likes

Pardon, ce genre de “choses”, pas ce genre de “choix”…

2 Likes

Ok, I will download & check it on my pc :slight_smile: I’ll come back to you tomorrow.

@Capucine says that if you hit CTRL-Z, which is undo, it comes back in order, so you can try that if you wish.

Hello & welcome, @Capucine, We are very happy to use the translate services :slight_smile:

Thank you for your advice.

Bonjour et bienvenue, @Capucine, Nous sommes très heureux d’utiliser les services de traduction: light_smile:

Merci pour votre conseil.

Hi @Natika

Unfortunately, I couldn’t repair your file. The problem is with the Detail, so I have deleted the details and rescued your pattern drawing file so that you can recreate the details. I hope that this will help you at least a bit.

Triangle Top 2.val (22.3 KB)

Please take backups often using the Save as and adding some character while creating the Detail so that you don’t lose what you have done before. When you have your pattern complete and working, you can delete all the other backups. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bonjour Capucine . Merci pour vos conseils. J’ai essayé CTRL Z mais cela n’a pas aidé. Maintenant, j’ai copié le dossier avec tous mes fichiers de modèle pour le stocker ailleurs. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Grace. Thanks a lot !!! you rescued me! To make details its more easy than remember how I modified the standard pattern after adjustments. Now I have copied folder with all pattern files. :grinning: :rose:

1 Like

You’re very welcome. I add a 1 to the end of the file name using Save as before I do anything that is complicated or known to mess things up. And when I have completed everything and I’m ready to print my pattern, I add the work ‘Final’ to the end of the file name. And then I go to the folder & delete all the others, to keep my working folder tidy.

2 Likes

:clap: I’ve seen the parsing error before as well. Thanks for the information.

1 Like