Error: Intersection Point of Curve & Axis

Good morning,

While working with the tool “Intersection Point of Curve & Axis” I have encountered an error that had never happened before.

For the front pattern piece I was trying to make a gathering in the neckline part, for this I have drawn several parallels and used the “Intersection Point of Curve & Axis” tool.

As you can see in this first image it works fine up to size 40, but from size 42 onwards the problem arises with the following dialog box

error

How can I solve it?

Thank you very much,

Esther.

Hi Ester,

It’s not an error per se, but rather a measurement or calculation in a formula has placed the intersection point past the bounds of the arc in question… therefore the application has to use some constant known point - the origin- (0,0) as a placeholder, or the pattern will crash.

If you post your pattern and any measurement file, maybe I or someone else here can take a look and see if there’s another solution to avoid the problem.

1 Like

Hi @Douglas

Thanks for responding so quickly, I was just about to post to close the thread. I have started from scratch and instead of doing it with a curve I have done it with a straight line.

This way I have been able to check that with the value I had given to point A71, point A74 was out of the pattern.

When I changed the number and lowered it, everything worked normally.

Thank you very much,

Esther.

1 Like

Glad you found a fix. :slight_smile:

1 Like