Erase a line

Hi, i don’t find the way to erase a line Because i don’t know every tools yet, for the moment i use mostly the line but at the end of my work i have a lot of unnecessary line… Can you tell me how to erase them please ?
Thanks a lot in advance

1 Like

Hi and welcome, @Parker_19

The line isn’t what you are drawing. Actually, you are placing nodes or points that you are connecting with lines and curves. If you are using the Line at Distance and Angle tool, right-click the point that was created, either the point or the label. Select Options from the short menu that comes up and edit the line type and colour. Most tools do give you this option.

If you have used the Line Between Points tool, then you need to right-click on the line itself and then select either Options to change the line properties or Delete to remove the line.

Selecting Delete, please remember that each node after the initial one is depend on one or more other nodes, so you may try to delete something that will crash your pattern and make it unusable. Please make a backup of it with a different name before attempting to delete anything. It is far better to edit the line type and colour to make it invisible or less visible. As I have done here: image

Thanks a lot Grace for your quick answer !!! i really appreciate :slight_smile: I understood clearly ! Another question here if you can help me on it, thx in advcance In this video below, at 5mn15 , the guy start to use a tool to make courbe of head of sleeve , i look for the same tool here in Seamly but i didn’t find it … this is the link here below :

I try to look, to try, to don’t ask for everything… but it is difficult to find the right tools for the right things and don’t take another one just because we don’t find Thanks a lot for your answer ( i swear when i’ll understand everything , i will answer to questions too :slight_smile: Good day everyone !!
1 Like

Haha, @Parker_19, I’m here to answer questions :slight_smile: So many people have helped me and still help me now, so please don’t hesitate to ask for help.

The tool that is used in the video is a bezier curve. The tool that I would suggest is under the section Curves on the left - Curved Path tool:

1 Like

Ok thanks Grace,can i know how long is B7 to B12 for example with this tool Curved path? That is very useful to me, i really need to know that information actually when i finished tha courbe… ( hope you get what i explain )

Thanks a lot again Grace !!!

1 Like

You can quickly check the length of the total curve or line by hovering the cursor over it. The line of the curve becomes thicker and it shows arrows on the line to indicate the direction that the line was created in. In this case, it was created in a clockwise direction (this will become useful later when you create the detail of the pattern): image

Another way to check the length of the curve plus it will give you the length of each section, is to go Menu > Measurements > Variables Table: image

Click on the Lengths Curves tab: image

This table is a list of all curve lengths that may be used in formulas.

Ok super! :slight_smile: merci !

Hi Grace, above in the video at 5mn, they use a rectangle… i don’t find this option Can you help me on that ? Another question come to my mind actually, is it possible to write a point ( a node ) without to write a line ?

Thx

1 Like

I have a better idea… :slight_smile:

Go to this site: SEAMLY2D TUTORIALS - BURGO METHOD - Home Here you will find my personal blog where I am teaching pattern making using the Burgo method and Seamly2D. While these videos are excellent, they are for a different software. So you won’t find the same tools here that you will find there. It is very easy to create a rectangle if you know what dimensions you wish to use and the tools available to you. By watching the videos on my blog, you will discover the uses of a number of the most commonly used tools which will make it a lot easier to recreate the pattern in the video above.

1 Like

Here is another Youtube link to videos to get you started taken off our User Manual (link at the top of this page) - one of which shows you how to make a square: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC61WgbNdZ_wqxKf9PzJrjgA

In this topic, I have posted a cheat sheet of all the tools with a short description of all the tools and how to use them, which I think, if you printed it out and kept it close to your computer, it should help you to get started, as well: User interface review update - #6 by kmf

Thanks !! i appreciate . I’m gonna read & watch that

1 Like

HI Grace, On your website SEAMLY2D TUTORIALS - BURGO METHOD - Home , you burgo tutorial are in tha part grace’s blog ? right ? Because i have some issue everytime with the sleeves … i need to learn more about the process to make it well … i don’t see that in your video Thx

1 Like

Yes, they are in the blog, but I haven’t done the sleeves yet. The videos are on Youtube but also on there.

Ok thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the user manual, there are more videos: valentinaproject.org that you can look at, as well as manuals and all sorts of wiki advise and how to’s. But one should remember that each pattern making method is quite different in their approach to creating the sleeve, so if you already know a method, it is normally best to stick to it and just apply that method in Seamly2D.

I didn’t know anything about pattern making when I found this software, so I spent the past 2 years first learning the program and it’s tools and then learning from various ebooks doing exactly what I have suggested to you. You will be amazed at the amount of information there is on the internet for free. And once you have made your basic pattern, it’s very easy in Seamly2D, to manipulate it into whatever design is in your mind.

If you choose a tool, look at the bottom left corner of the program screen. You will see a small help line there as to what to do with the tool. That has helped me tremendously.

2 Likes

@Grace I had never known about your blog until I stumbled across this thread on the forum. You do brilliant work!!

1 Like

Awww… Thank you, @kmf :slight_smile:

I’m still finding my feet with it.

1 Like

Hi @Parker_19. Sorry, I seem to have skipped replying to you on this point:

Yes, you can place a node that doesn’t have a line connecting it, you can just make the line “Invisible” by choosing that type of line in the drawing board.

However, if you wish to place a node on the pattern, perhaps you wish to attach the label to it, then you can use the Pin tool. I describe using the pin tool in this topic: Cambio orientación etiquetas - #2 by Grace

Another option to print your size square into the pattern is to use the Internal Path tool and place it only on the back of the pattern so that you can resize .svg in Inkscape or some other drawing program.

I hope this helps you :slight_smile: