Différent increments for multisizes

Bonjour, j’ai une question concernant les incréments pour le multitaille. Voilà, je travaille sur des patrons allant de la taille 34 à la taille 52, et l’évolution de taille n’est pas le même entre chaque taille. Par exemple, pour le tour de poitrine, j’ai une évolution de 4 cm entre chaque taille pour les tailles 34 à 44, puis une évolution de 5 cm pour la taille 46, et enfin une évolution de 6 cm de la taille 48 à la taille 52. Comment puis-je gérer cette évolution pour la gradation avec Seamly2D?! Merci pour vos éclaircissements. Bonne journée

Hi, first, sorry for my bad english, I use google translate here… Hello, I have a question about the increments for the multisize option. I’m working on patterns ranging from EU size 34 to EU size 52, and the size evolution is not the same between each size. For example, for the bust, I have an evolution of 4 cm between each size for sizes 34 to 44, then an evolution of 5 cm for size 46, and finally an evolution of 6 cm from size 48 to size 52. How can I handle this evolution for gradation with Seamly2D ?! Thank you for your help. Have a good day

1 Like

Hi, I use different size tables for different grading, you can copy and adjust them. So if I have 3 different grading rules, I would use 3 different tape-files.

1 Like

Hi @Mandarine74. It is as @AVI says, you will need to create 3 different measurement files in SeamlyME, one for each evolution - Size 34 to 44 with 4cm, then Size 46 with 5cm and then Size 48 to 52 with 6cm.

Once you have your 3 measurement files, you may use one to create your pattern and once your pattern is made, you can load the different files as you need.

Thanks @AVI and @Grace. So you mean that I don’t need to create 3 bases because of my 3 measurement files? I just need one base (maybe size 38), and I can use that base for all of my measurement files, that’s it?

2 Likes

Yes, you will need to be very careful when making curves, otherwise you’ll need to tweak them and be very careful to use measurements everywhere in formulas so that your pattern will resize smoothly and accurately as you change the size:

These images show a pattern that I made about 2 years ago that I often use to answer questions because I think I used most of the tools in making it and I also used methods to ensure that regardless of the size, my curves come out beautifully :slight_smile: I have uploaded onto the Pattern Cloud If you can’t find it, I’ll happily send it to you here.

1 Like