Datei nicht zu öffnen

Hallo zusammen, ich habe hier für mich ein wieder unerklärliches Problem. Diese Fehlermeldung hatte ich bis jetzt noch nicht. Kannst mir jemand, vielleicht @Douglas weiterhelfen? Es ist echt ärgerlich, dass ich mich mit Computern und programmieren schlecht bzw. überhaupt nicht auskenne:( image PK 5 +11 cm_Paulette 003.1_Ausschnitt höher und Kragen.val (251,3 KB)

2020-Größentabelle Bettina.vst (3,6 KB) Liebe Grüße Bettina

Ich möchte Douglas nicht zuvorkommen; der hat auch viel mehr Ahnung als ich. Kommas in Zahlenwerten sind immer verdächtig. Ich weiß jetzt nicht, wie weit sich seamly an die Lokalisierung hält. Jedenfalls habe ich in der val-Datei die Zeile 1991 entdeckt:

node before=“CurrentSeamAllowance1,5” idObject=“1839” type=“NodePoint”

Da kommt mir CurrentSeamAllowance1,5 seltsam vor. Ich habe mit einem Editor die 1,5 rausgeworfen. Danach ließ sich die Datei öffnen. Das ist aber nur eine Rabiatmaßnahme.

Grüße aus Bochum, hp

2 Likes

The app should be accounting for using a period or comma in numbers… there is a setting in the prefs I believe that handles this.

I’m not at my laptop till later, but I’ll take a look and can give a more definitive answer then.

2 Likes

@Grace - du hast mir die Datei ja gerettet:) Kannst du erklären wo der Fehler gelegen hat?

1 Like

Ich bin leider aufgeschmissen, wenn ich eine Datei nicht öffnen kann. Ich kann nur Schnittkonstruktion:(

1 Like

Ok… I took as look. The error is not related to localization. The same error would appear if it was 1.5 after CurrentSeamAllowance… in fact ANYTHING appended to CurrentSeamAllowance will cause an error. Some how 1,5 must have been typed following the variable name CurrentSeamAllowance such as below (I just picked a piece and node to demonstrate so unless I got really lucky this is not exactly where the error is in the file):

commaerror

Note how it displays “Before” in red and “Error (cm)”… this indicates there is an error in the formula. Thing is, the dialog should disable the OK and Apply buttons until an error is fixed, so the error is not saved. Something I will need to address.

Oh… to fix the file just remove the 1,5 after CurrentSeamAllowance in the pattern file.

2 Likes

Das sehe ich genauso, wenn ich bei der Nahtzugabe eine falsche eingabe mache bekomme ich einen Fehler angezeigt und kann gar nicht weiter arbeiten. Die Fehlermeldung, hier aufgetreten ist, kam nachdem der Schnitt fertig war, ausgedruckt und dann geschlossen wurde. Nach der Anprobe wollte ich die Änderungen für die Zukunft im Schnitt hinterlegen und konnte diesen aber nicht mehr öffnen. Ich bekam die oben gezeigte Fehlermeldung. @Grace hat mir die Datei wieder repariert - wie, dass kann ich aber nicht sagen.

Ich bin stolz auf euch und das tolle Forum:)

1 Like

Grace hat das gemacht, was ich auch versucht habe. Ganz großen Dank, dass sie die korrigierte Datei weitergegeben hat. Ich habe mich nicht getraut, die veränderte Datei ins Forum zu stellen, weil ich eine ältere Version von seamly benutze …

1 Like

@Scholli - diese Erscheinung mit dem Fehler kenne ich. Bei mir war auch einmal eine Datei nach (!!!) erfolgreichen Drucken etc beim nächsten (!!!) Öffnen beschädigt. Da habe ich sehr lange mit dem Editor gewühlt, ich musste ja auch irgendwie den Dateiaufbau verstehen. Ich weiß bis heute nicht, wie der Fehler da reingekommen ist. Das scheint mir hier genauso. Eine Fehleingabe, wie sie @Douglas vorschlägt, merkt man normalerweise sofort …

@Grace: Yes, I am nerdy again. :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m a bit concerned that @Scholli made a correction to the seam allowance and the program allowed her to close the Options normally because she did it correctly by removing the ‘CurrentSeamAllowance’ but in the file, Seamly didn’t remove this part but added the 1,5 to the section, which caused the pattern to crash on opening it the next day after the computer had been switched off overnight and the RAM memory completely cleared. Is this at all possible?

1 Like

Can’t say what actual steps Scholi made, but yes I’m concerned that you can create an error in a formula, and save it (Ok or Apply)… which will then crash next time you try to open the pattern. That’s exactly what I did in my example above… I typed 1,5 after CurrentSeamAllowance, clicked OK, saved the pattern, verified “CurrentSeamAllowance1,5” was saved, and got the error trying to open the pattern again.

So… like I said, I need to fix the dialog(s) - for which there are 54 tools - to disable OK and Apply while a formula error exists.

1 Like

Saving and sharing an older file is not a problem… a pattern will cascade through the loader, converting to the next version until it reaches the current version the app is using. A problem exists if you are using a newer version, another user is using an older ver, because they will not be able to open the file.

That being said… this particular pattern is easily fixed in a text editor… either by removing the 1,5 OR replacing CurrentSeamAllowance1,5 with 1.5 (which I believe was the intent as all the other allowances were 1.5).

1 Like

Hmmm… it’s hard to tell looking at single files on my phone, but I’m not sure why this “error” slipped through the cracks. The dialogs normally evaluate formulas for various errors, and are supposed to “catch” any parser errors… and do a checkstate() and if there’s an error the text is changed to red, and the Ok / Apply buttons are supposed to be disabled. Hopefully this is just a case with the Work piece dialog and an error flag is not getting set?

Maybe someone can check some of the other tool dialogs and see if the OK / Apply are getting disabled if theres a formula error.

UPDATE:

Ok… I checked the formulas in several different tools, and all but the before and after seam allowance in the Workpiece dialog correctly disable the OK and Apply buttons. To rule out any changes I have made, I even checked the Workpiece dialog in an old ver of Seamly2D… the bug is there too. You can save a SA even with an error in it. Using the formula editor dialog works as it should… an error will disable OK.

UPDATE 2:

Oy vey… I have found the problem… a “fake flag” and I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Oh, very well done!!! And thank you very much :star_struck:

1 Like

Was ist ein “fakeFlag”? Vielen Dank für Eure Arbeit:)

1 Like

Since you asked… In the code there is a set of error flags… formulaFlag being one of them. If any of the flags are set to true, when calling the Eval() routine then the OK / Apply buttons will be disabled. In the case of the before and after seam allowance formulas the original programmer actually set a “fake flag” (it’s commented as such)… in other words redefining formulaFlag, setting it to false, then calling the Eval() routine that checks for errors. In other words - intentionally disabling any check for any errors in the before / after formulas. Like why? Have no idea what he was thinking here.

Removing these fake flags fixes the issue by letting the real formulaFlag be passed.

3 Likes

I have to investigate this one a bit deeper… while I’m able to disable the ok / apply buttons with an error in the before or after SA… if you edit another formula while there’s an error in one, the flag resets and we’re right back to where we started.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Now I know what I may do.

2 Likes

I’ve fixed the before / after formulas. If there’s an error in either one it now disables the Ok / Apply buttons. No chance of saving errors now.

I just wish RT used bit flags (or QFlags), and the code would be more efficient and easier to maintain.

2 Likes