Critical error when reopening pattern file

I created a pattern with my usual measurement file and saved it many times with no problems. When I tried to reopen it a few hours after my last save, a critical error occurred. I don’t have access to my file anymore. See screenshot here: Capture

Could it be because I created it with French measurements first, then switched for English measurements? I didn’t have a choice because there is an error with N02 (same name than N01 in French, so I didn’t have access to N01, which I needed). By the way, if it’s appropriate, I can post some of the errors I found in the measurements in French.

Operating system version: Windows 7 Seamly2D version: 0.6.0.1

Here is my pattern file, but I don’t want to post here my measurement file because it is too private. I can send it by email though. JoceLeggingsBlock20180828.val (36.6 KB)

Do I have to start over?

1 Like

If you let me have the measurements file (.vit), I’ll be able to check it and try to fix it.

With regard to the errors in the French translation of the measurements, yes, please do let us know what the different measurements should be named, perhaps in a separate topic to differentiate between the errors on the file.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, so here is my measurement file. [Removed] Thank you!

1 Like

Try this one. It’s not perfect but that’s what I usually do with broken files - just delete in text editor the whole part Seamly doesn’t like.

In this case, it seems you will have to create a detail or several details again, so I really doubt it was because of language switch, the same happened to me, something wrong with detail contour as I understand

Remember to create a backup file, Seamly just be like that sometimes :upside_down_face:

JoceLeggingsBlock20180828.val (32.8 KB)

3 Likes

It’s almost perfect, I tried it myself and it worked. Thank you so much! You made my day!:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

JoceLeggingsBlock Fixed.val (34.0 KB)

All done. download fixed pattern

2 Likes

You have fixed everything, thank you ! If you can, let me know how you did it…

2 Likes

u r welcome. unfortunately, you removed OR excluded the B16 point ((Front Hook Point)) from detail of front panel ((devant)) i just recoverd that whithin the XML source of pattern line 207 i just changed inUse property value from false in to the true. best regards.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wow! I’m impressed! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Hola! Perdón por revivir este post… pero tengo el mismo error! :broken_heart:Estaba probando hacer patrones de hombre. ya había terminado y quería agregar un bolsillo. Al ir al patrón para agregarlo en “Dibujar”… Dió el error. Cerré y volví a abrir y tuve el mismo texto describiendo el error…

adjunto las medidas y patrón Gracias de antemano!! :love_letter:

Hi! Sorry for reviving this post … but I have the same error! :broken_heart:I was trying to make men’s patterns. I was done and I wanted to add a pocket. When going to the pattern to add it in “Draw” … It gave the error. I closed and reopened and had the same text describing the error … attached the measurements and pattern Thanks in advance :love_letter:

Slimfit.val (104,2 KB)

2 Likes

Hello @CorinaLV

He logrado rescatar la mayor parte de tu patrón. Desafortunadamente, el problema surgió al usar la herramienta Unión, que a veces causa un problema, y ​​necesitará apuntar el patrón hacia donde tiene el archivo de medidas nuevamente.

I have managed to rescue most of your pattern. Unfortunately, the problem came from using the Union tool, which sometimes does cause a problem, and you will need to point the pattern to where you have the measurements file again.

Slimfit a.val (100.2 KB)

2 Likes

ok, in that case do you recommend drawing the pattern instead of joining it? :thinking:

Ok, en ese caso recomiendas dibujar el patrón en vez de unirlo?

Muchiiiiisimas gracias! :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m not too sure what I’m suggesting :upside_down_face:

What I do is, I save a copy of my pattern before doing a Union and I keep it for a while - just in case - and I leave doing the Union for very last.

And you’re very welcome :grin:

1 Like

Hello, I just had the same problem with my pattern I had work very hard on. Can someone help me ? Here’s my measurement sarah - push up.vit (3,1 Ko) and file in next comment.

2 Likes

4x4x4.val (341,8 Ko). Thank you very very much !

2 Likes

Hello & welcome to our forum, @skimuna

I had to delete the union that caused this error. Please save your file under a different name before attempting the Union so that you can always go back if something goes wrong. This is what I do :slight_smile:

Here is your file back: 4x4x4.val (326.5 KB)

1 Like

@Grace, can you add this as an issue in github? Thanks! Issues · FashionFreedom/Seamly2D · GitHub

1 Like

Hi ! thank u very much ! I download the file but can’t open it. It says “non valid version. the maximum supported version is 0.6.0”

2 Likes

You must be using an older release of Seamly2D than Grace used. Try one of the more recent Seamly2D releases.

2 Likes