Creating Multisize Measurement Files

And get rid of the stupid unused “?” in the dialog title. :slight_smile:

Off the top of my head we would have to update the schema to add the “End size” to the XML. Which probably means adding it everywhere one would find the base sized used in the code.

1 Like

I don’t think so because the base size won’t change, we’ll still need to enter it and it will still serve the same purpose as the size from which other sizes are calculated from.

Which brings me to something else that has bothered me forever…

I really see no point in the sizes being constrained in the pattern preferences. Shouldn’t this be constrained in the measurement chart - since it’s the measurement chart that will only cover a certain number of sizes?

(This could be automatically set by the Base and End sizes drawn from the measurement chart loaded.)

1 Like

Yes, one will have to make measurement charts for A & B and another for C & D. But I don’t mind, it’s easy to switch between measurement charts in the pattern :smile:

1 Like

I mean in the sense of where the code is reading and writing basesize to the XML.

I believe we’ve touched on this before.

1 Like

Hi All,

I am just transitioning to Seamly from a more traditional flat paper pattern drafting background and one of the major wins for me (I I thought), would be to easily resize my patterns. I’m a bit confused by the multisize pattern option though. My preferred size chart doesn’t have standard increments between all sizes E.g. it may be 0.5cm between some sizes for Scye Depth and then 0.3cm between other sizes. I can’t see how to achieve this with the multisize tool. Am I missing something?

Do I need to just build out individual measurement charts per size? Or build our several multiszie files where the increments are standard E.g one file for 0.5cm increments (sizes 44-50) then a second file for 0.3cm increments (sizes 52-56) and so on?

It would be great if there were a way to add in all the sizes that you want in your multisize file and then to list the step between each size (maybe there is and i’m missing it?)

Thanks all

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Seamly2D forum, @Hazeleyp

At the moment, you will need to create separate multisize measurement charts for each incremental range - size 44-50 and size 52-56, etc, - and load the required measurement chart into Seamly2D each time you wish to change the sizes.

Another way would be to create a multisize measurement chart with your base size with no increments and use the Variables to change each measurement increment for each range with an if, then, else formula.

Here is an example:

size>38?6.5:size>32?5.75:size>26?5:size>20?4.25:size>14?3.75:size>8?2.75:2.5

3 Likes