Coronavirus (covid-19)

Here in UK, and I’m sure also in the rest of the world, there is a desperate shortage of protective medical gowns worn by doctors and other medical staff in hospitals and clinics.

If anyone already has a Seamly pattern for such garments, please, please, could they post it in this forum so that it can be printed and distributed amongst home-workers and made up by willing local dressmakers.

I would draw such a pattern myself, but I don’t have a knowledge of the specific medical needs and, to save time, am hoping that an expert has already done the work.

It would be wonderful if Seamly2D could make its contribution.

Thank you so much.

3 Likes

@slspencer has already posted a pattern, easy to use by anybody in her tutorial at https://fashionfreedom.eu/ , scroll down to the bottom of the page to see this

1 Like

So Sew Easy has a set of scrubs patterns available, covering various sizes, for free to download:

The pants: Unisex Scrubs Pants Pattern - Making Scrubs Quick & Easy | So Sew Easy

The top: Easy Surgical Scrub Top Pattern - Make And Donate It | So Sew Easy

The cap: Easy Surgical Scrub Cap Pattern - Make It And Donate It | So Sew Easy

And the pleated mask: Sewing tutorials | Sewing 4 Free

And I found a free Surgical gown pattern here: Free Hospital Gown Patterns, Plus Face Mask & Scrub Cap - Lazy Girl Designs

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a lovely gown described in the website - thanks so much for bringing it to my attention.

Also, I need a pattern for a fully protective gown to be worn by a doctor or nurse when dealing with an infected patient. Any ideas ?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks so much Grace - You’re really so good at finding these things - don’t know what we’d do without you :slight_smile:

The Peek-a-Boo isolation gown pattern on the Lazy Girl site looks a real possibility. I’ll show it to a couple of people who understand hospital requirements, and see if they’ll give it the thumbs-up.

Here’s hoping !

Thanks again.

1 Like

I think it’s more designed for the patient so that all the equipment can be easily attached by opening the shoulder seams with valcro. For surgical staff, I think the same sort of gown but with long sleeves, no valcro opening and a belt at the waist to secure it close to the body.

this one has dxf and rul format isolation gown pattern and coverall

1 Like

Thank you, @AVI :slight_smile: That’s wonderful.

I was about to post a more direct link to the pattern that @slspencer published on https://fashionfreedom.eu/ which is this: https://github.com/FashionFreedom/FFi-Org/blob/master/EasyWearEasyCarePatientGown.pdf. If you use this pattern, please do as the author asked and send pictures.

I see that @Grace is as efficient as ever and beat me to the punch with a lot of really good suggestions

1 Like

This is my tutorial for a mask. In the description there is a link with the downloadable pattern in PDF in 2 sizes.

__

Este es mi tutorial para un tapabocas. En la descripción está un link con el patrón descargable en PDF en dos tamaños

2 Likes