Cant open file, file error- critical error

i tried reopening two files i am working on, and got this error

file error exception:Content of attribute lineWeight does not match its type definition: String content is not listed in the enumeration facet…

validation error file h:/piezas polo velvet.val in line 541 column 120

all my other files open fine

2 Likes

Hi Antonio… if you post your pattern (and any measurement) file, maybe one of us can take a look at it.

Also I suggest trying to restart the Seamly2D, and then loading the pattern. By the error I can tell it’s an older pattern that needs to be converted to the newer version of your Seamly2D. Sometimes things can get mixed up with the temp pattern file when converting - especially if you’ve already opened other patterns without restarting the app.

1 Like

PIEZAS POLO VELVET.val (56.6 KB)

i am using the latest version, and the pattern was made using the same version so not sure what caused the issue

this is the first pattern this and the next one don’t open same error

1 Like

PIEZAS CHALECO SOLAPA.val (141.4 KB)

1 Like

I did fix something, but I can’t check if your pattern is now working because you didn’t send me the measurement file. Please check:

PIEZAS POLO VELVET.val (56.6 KB)

PIEZAS CHALECO SOLAPA.val (141.3 KB)

1 Like

sorry about that, but yes its working now thank you so much was in a panic

2 Likes

You’re very welcome :grin: I know how it feels, so I try to help any way that I can and as quickly as possible :upside_down_face:

Hello i have just received the same error :frowning: Im trying out seamly for the first time and started a pants block - at some point seamly crashed and then when i tried to reopen the file, that error message came up :confused: would be grateful for any help :pray:

pants pattern.val (20.3 KB)

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Seamly2D forum, @vicep

I couldn’t test if your file is now working properly because you didn’t send the measurements file with. However, I think I’ve fixed it now, so here is it back:

pants pattern.val (20.3 KB)

If it does give an error, please send both files & I’ll have a look. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

omg it works thank you so much! .

2 Likes

Hello! Also new to seamly and working on my first pattern, it crashed and gave me this exact same error. I can no longer open my file. I am using a Mac, Seamly definitely crashes pretty frequently but so far I’ve been lucky in the timing of my saves… Would be very grateful if someone can help me! and possibly let me know what to do so if this happens again I could fix it myself. The pattern and measurement files are here: front bodice_dresspatternmaking block.val (13.1 KB) Shena measures May 2023.vit (3.4 KB)

1 Like

Hello, @shenamt, and welcome to the Seamly2D Forum.

This is a small problem with the lineweight 0.9 which should be fixed in the next program weekly update on Monday. I’ve repaired your file and it’s now working:

front bodice_dresspatternmaking block.val (13.1 KB)

1 Like

Yes, I found the error… it’s related to updating the Properties Editor to include the line weights which uses a stringlist of the line weights. The 0.9 entry had a zero tacked on the end as 0.90 which if the Properties Editor is used to change the line weight, it writes the 0.90 and the schema balks when loading.

Easier fix than I thought - should have this fixed hopefully tomorrow.

2 Likes

Oh, wow! @Douglas! Thank you very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yup. Already fixed. One extra silly “zero”.

2 Likes

Fix merged… should be in tomorrow’s release.

Or you can grab the pre- release

3 Likes

Amazing! thanks so much!

1 Like