Cannot start Seamly2D (EUDC warning)

Hi all

I have just installed and restarted my PC (Win 7 Pro) and it gives me the following ‘# Warning: Unable to open default EUDC font: “EUDC.TTE”’ whenever I double click the icon.

Can anybody help? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Derique!
I don’t think we support Windows 7 anymore. :cry:

1 Like

EUCD… “end-user-defined characters”. Best I can find at this time:

" It’s just saying that Windows support for rendering private use characters isn’t configured in any kind of sensible way. Since most people don’t use private use characters, this is common and can be ignored unless you actually have a need for rendering private use characters."

I can try running the app(s) on my Win 7 PC and get back to you.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks! I am running Win 7 Pro. After I click OK to the error, the program closes, so I have not been able toe run it. It’s a stable installation of windows with no funny programs installed.

1 Like

That may be it, thanks!

1 Like

I ran my most current build on my Windows 7 Home Premium desktop and it runs fine.

2 Likes

Well, I hesitate to say that we support Windows 7 because our build tools don’t support it. We can safely say that Seamly2D and SeamlyMe run on

• Windows 10
  • MacOS High Sierra (10.13) and later
  • Linux Debian kernel version 5.0 and later* Recent desktop-wars in Linux Debian distribution are giving us a bit of trouble, but I think this will need to be worked out upstream in the Linux universe before we land on a permanent solution to the Seamly appimage Linux graphics desktop issues.
2 Likes

Exactly what build tools? Qt 5… upto 5.15.2 supports Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. I have just the opposite problem… I get occasional library load errors trying to run Qt 5.14.2 - 15.0 on Windows 10 in debug mode.

Qt 6 is a different story… it will no longer support Windows 7 & 8.

1 Like

Taken from Qt for macOS | Qt 5.15

2 Likes

??? The OP issue was Windows 7 related.

1 Like

oops, sorry usually this discussion revolves around MacOS.

The Windows 7 issue may be related to the architecture.

@Derique - Is your Windows 7 the 64-bit version or the 32-bit version? Right-click “ Computer ,” and then choose “Properties.” On the “System” page, look for the “System type” entry to see whether your operating system is 32 - bit or 64 - bit .

1 Like