Cancelling Layouts

I accidentally created multiple layouts and I would love to remove the wrong ones. Is there a command to cancel layouts?

Hi @Vy87, Not sure exactly what you’re asking about, so could you post your *.val and *.vit file? I’ll be happy to take a look.

1 Like

Sorry for the bad explanation, I am new to this program. I created a layout of my pattern and then realized that I made an error in Draw so I cancelled everything on the Details stage and went back to fix the pattern in Draw mode. After that I traced the outlines of my pattern and went to Detail mode. From there, I created the layout of the modified pattern. It has created the new layout but the wrong one is still on the “Layout Pages” panel on the right. Is there a way to remove it from the “Layout Pages” ?

2 Likes

Wow. I’ve tried making something like that happen before, for comparative purposes, but I don’t think Seamly is programmed to do it, which is why it doesn’t have a way to remove extra layouts. I’ve always had a new layout replace an old one.

I’m definitely curious what you & slspencer can discover here, since she’s been shepherding this project from the beginning. I’d have probably just quit & reloaded, & tried the new layout again. :unicorn:

1 Like

After closing and reopening the program a few times nothing happened so I went by the old IT staple of “Restarting the Laptop/PC” and went to re-open the file and now it’s ok. Not sure what happened there. I have Windows 10 installed on this laptop.

2 Likes

Here is the file:

In case it helps.

1 Like

hi @Vy87, Just create a new layout with the gear icon image on the left side of the menu under the Layout tab.

1. Create detail pieces
  2. Create layout
  3. Delete detail pieces
  4. Create new detail pieces
  5. Goto Layout – the old layout is still there
  6. Click the “Create new layout” gear in the left-hand menu – The old layout is replaced with a new layout.

HTH!

1 Like

Hi @Vy87, Did this answer your question? :smiley_cat:

1 Like