Can’t launch seamly2D on macOS Big Sur

My builds didn’t fail, it’s just that I got lots of messages. The builds aren’t failing on the github server either :woman_shrugging: In any case, the QOperatingSystem call which generated the warning messages has been removed.

1 Like

Hi @Kat, @kaldrea, @sitharus, @Lina,
Here is the build with the fix in both Seamly2D and SeamlyME. Please test and let me know if there are issues:

2 Likes

Hey @slspencer, I just tried downloading the .zip file, installed on BigSur 11.1 and they both seem to be running smoothly. thank you so much for the fix

3 Likes

Hi @melemonster! This makes me so very happy, I’m very relieved that it works :sunny:

2 Likes

Two thumbs up… glad Susan got it working. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi

Yes, it works for me as well now, thank you very much all @slspencer @Douglas for your help and quick fix !

Kat

3 Likes

Hi! I am new to Seamly2D and SeamlyMe. I am grateful for this forum and this thread. I had downloaded the Seamly versions that are on the Seamly2D download page and it wasn’t running. Then after looking on the forum found this thread and found the git.hub latest version - and now it is running! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi & welcome @oliviar.

Happy we could help to get you up & running :slight_smile:

1 Like

It should be noted that the versions on the download page are considered stable release versions where as the Github weekly releases are consided test versions, where the test versions may contain bugs.

1 Like

I updated the MAC links on the website, so it should be working better. I stopped updated them when the linux build stopped working when they updated the Github actions to use Ubuntu 20.0.4 back in late February, early March. We’re caught up now for Windows & Mac, hopefully Linux will be building later this week.

2 Likes

Hello, I can’t launch Seamly2D on Mac OS Big Sur (11.5.2). I tried the link above but it’s not working. When opening the application I get a message saying "impossible to open “Seamly2D” because the developer cannot be identified. " Do you have any idea how I we can fix this ? Thanks a lot

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s because the signing certificate has expired for the app… which costs $$$ to maintain. I’m sure Susan would be happy to have you donate to recertify the application. :slight_smile:

That being said… The certificate basically identifies a distribution as coming from a (certified) known developer. You can usually ignore or override the message if you know where the installation is coming from.

What to do if Mac says Cannot be opened because the developer Cannot be verified?

To fix the error where you can’t open an unapproved app on your Mac, you have a few options.

1. Look for a newer version of the app. …
  2. Look for an alternate version of the app. …
  3. If you’re sure you trust the app developer, you can override your security settings and allow the app to install and open.

How do you fix can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer?

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.
  2. You can grant an exception for a blocked app by clicking the “Open Anyway” button in the General pane. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the app.
2 Likes

Thanks a lot Douglas! I changed the security settings and it works :slight_smile: I hope I can trust the developer :wink: But seing the comments on the blog here I think I can . Have a nice day

Pamzi

2 Likes