Automating loading measurements and exporting

Hi everyone, I hope this is the correct spot for this. I was wondering if there is a way to (or plans to) create a workflow to automate 1) saving customer’s measurements into a .vit file; 2) loading measurements into a pattern; and 3) exporting to SVG and/or PDF. I’d like to sell some custom patterns on Shopify, and wondering if there is a way to cut down on the time spent fulfilling orders so I can offer a better price for customers. Not sure if other pattern designers have come up with a process that they would be willing to discuss :slight_smile: Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

hi! Welcome aboard!

You could try the Command Line - Seamly2D

@MrDoo used that in producing the my-pattern.cloud site, which might have some of the functionality that you’re wanting.

:unicorn:

1 Like

The my-pattern.cloud site does indeed use the command line interface to Seamly2D to do exactly this. Let me know if you need example commands (though the command line help is pretty good).

One of the intentions of the site was to make it easy to manage measurements and use these with uploaded (your own, or shared) patterns and generate PDFs.

4 Likes

Hi @MrDoo, Yes please share examples!

1 Like