Ankle height shenanigans

Did the coded measurements for ankle height get changed at some point? One of my older measurement files has it as height_ankle while a newer one has it as height_ankle_high. I keep getting errors when switching between the two files to verify my formulae.

Specifically, I have the piece labels set as squares of height_ankle per dimension, & have to edit them to height_ankle_high or vice-versa if I need to make any alterations to the detail options.

At some point I’m going to remember to open my older file & add height_ankle_high with a formula of height_ankle, so it’s not a horrible problem, though it is a little disappointing to have five extra characters, but I wanted to double check that this was an intentional change, & not a slip-up.

ETA: looking now I’m seeing both in the measurement file. maybe the problem was in my ubuntu 18 computer

1 Like

I think these are two different measurements. One being the height of the ankle bone from the floor, the other being the height to the narrowest part of the ankle. At least, that’s how I use them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! my pictures disappeared somewhere along the way, along with some other unknown issue, perhaps my brain was on vacation, I couldn’t find more than one ankle related measurement.

1 Like

Yeah… I this is another one of those RT things where I go huh?

There’s basically 2 ways to use graphics… imbed them via an rcc file or store them in a folder and load them on the fly- presumably as needed. For the sake of user friendliness IMO it makes more sense to just embed the images - so they DON’T get lost.

If it were a case where the inages were being generated outside the app / repo, then you could make a case to not embed them.

2 Likes

I think it’s an old Linux convention. I remember being disturbed about programs being spread across multiple folders when I first poked at Red Hat Linux in the early aughts.

But with the whole Seamly suite packaged as an AppImage on Linux, the diagrams should probably be inside.

:unicorn:

Yes… but the “resources” would still be inside another folder, not compiled in the SeamlyMe executable.

2 Likes

True. Iif we wanted it to be easy to change the pictures for others it would make sense for them to be compiled in a side-folder of some sort, but since it’s not, it doesn’t.

:unicorn:

1 Like