Again with the printing

I was going to piggy back on another printing thread but I don’t want to get them too long and confusing.

Can someone try preview tiled pdf and print this file as a test for me? Jen cm.vit (1.4 KB) panty test.val (11.8 KB)

No matter what I do I can’t get the cut lines to appear on the bottom of the page so page 1 and 4 won’t line up. I tried changing the margins from .1 to 2.0

I’m not sure what the hangup is.

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t know what your setting was, this was A2 with margin of 0.330 cm panty testguest.pdf (141.1 KB)

1 Like

I was able to print the layout, no lines were exclued, the pattern was complete.

I created the layout by selecting the 24" roll paper in the layout paper size field. ( I try to use the smallest roll paper 24" for my layouts, and if 24" isn’t wide enough I move up to the next widest roll paper 36" and try again. And I always check the ‘ignore margins’ box.)

Then I went to File/Layout/Preview Tiled PDF. I clicked on the multi-tile icon to show the entire layout tiled across the pages. Screenshot%20from%202018-04-15%2013-54-42

I’m using an old Brother 7820N, with US Letter paper (not European A4). I made sure my printer is set for Letter using my laptop’s operating system (Ubuntu 17.10) printer manager. For what it’s worth , my printer is defined to have .39" margins for top, left, right, and bottom. I believe that if you ignore margins in the layout dialog, then the layout algorithm will read the margin info directly from the operating system printer driver. So I always check the ‘ignore margins’ box.

1 Like

Ah ha! Thank you both. I tried both ways and no good. But from there I was able to determine the culprit.

The Seamly2D Preview window has a page setup option. It defaults to A4 with 10mm margins. It defaults to this every time, it doesn’t keep my settings. Printing seems to be ok so far by just changing it from A4 to Letter

So is this a setting that Seamly is defaulting to and failing to save changes on or something to do with my computers OS/App settings?

3 Likes

So this is why so many people keep having problems with the margins!

3 Likes

That’s not what Seamly is defaulting to, it’s normally set like that in the Windows defaults. You need to go to Devices and Printers on the Control Panel and change the paper size there.

Find the Microsoft Print to PDF, right-click & select Printing Preferences

Click on the Advanced button:

Click on your paper preference and click OK to accept the changes and to close all the dialogue boxes.

That should make Seamly2D automatically select the type of paper your printer uses.

2 Likes

This is what mine looks like without me making any changes. image

So this has to be pulling from elseware

1 Like

Ok, sorry about that :slight_smile: I only work with A4 and am forever needing to set mine back from Letter (with every Windows upgrade :disappointed_relieved: )

That sucks… Although it’s good to know that that is a setting to check.

1 Like